Wednesday, October 2, 2019

What I Wore: Knotted Shirts, Skirts & Leopard

Happy October!  I'm more than ready for Fall temps and weather to arrive in the Midwest.

I was shocked to see my most popular, most engaged with post of September was my outfit inspiration post (Fall Outfit Inspiration).  I don't get many outfit posts photographed and written these days, but now that I know you really like that type of content, I've set a goal to document more outfits for you!  You can expect to see at 1-2 outfit related posts each month. 

I love putting together outfits and get dressed every day.  I even had a mom friend asked me where I worked because she assumed that I headed off to work after our playgroups since I was "dressed up".  I don't work outside the home right now, but I do still put together cute outfits.  I just feel more ready to tackle anything that comes my way if I'm dressed with my make up done.  There are also days where I am exercising, running errands and playing at the park where I'll stick to athleisure.  I just base my outfit off my pans for the day.

These are some easy looks for early Fall:

// 1 // Leopard is everywhere this Fall. 
Here's my take on it.  Since it's still blazing hot, a leopard kimono works as the perfect layer.  I love this sleeveless chambray, black Rockstar skinnies from Old Navy and big leather earrings from ADVdesigns on etsy.  I found this kimono from JCPenneys last year.  They usually have a fun selection in their accessory/belt section. 


// 2 // Knotted Tee
I rarely wear a knotted tee with jeans, but I like this style with a skirt.  I paired a vneck tee with a high waisted skirt.  I loved this outfit and received lots of compliments on it.  My earrings are rose gold leather from ADVdesigns

This skirt is a big circle skirt.  It's really flowy, comfy and fun.  I found it at a department store a couple of years ago.

// 3 // Flowy tops
I'm a fan of flowy tops year round.  I'm still wearing short sleeves at this point in the year.  This Matilda Jane top is a favorite.  It's a year or so old.  The quality of MJ is AMAZING.  Everything I've purchased for myself of for Olive washes and wears so well for years.  I wore this outfit to church, a MNO and apple picking. It worked great for all occasions.  





What are your favorite wardrobe pieces this time of year?

7 comments:

  1. You have the best sense of style and I couldn’t agree more- when I take the time to “put myself together” it makes all the difference in my day!!💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good silk top too! I forget about knotting a tee with a skirt, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your outfit posts! I also like a knotted tee with skirts or over a dress to give it a "separates" vibe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Matilda Jane shirt! Are they expensive? Where do you purchase them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ?keep the outfit posts coming! Love that they are do-able!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your spin on leopard for warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.