Monday, August 28, 2017

August Recipe Round Up

Happy Monday!  Hope you had a great weekend.  We had a BUSY, but good one.

It was a delicious month at our house!  I cooked a lot of good food and am anxious to share these yummy meals with you.  I fix dinner for my family 5-6 nights a week.  I love to find easy recipes that take less than 30 minutes to prep, are colorful and crowd pleasing!

Hope you find a new recipe or two you'd like to try for your family!

1. TACO PLATE
Pile all of your favorite taco toppings on a plate and enjoy!  I ate it without chips or tortilla shells for a healthier dinner option.  I also loved the presentation of this dinner!  It was so fun to eat.

2. Strawberry Stack
Dice up your favorite pound cake and make a huge pile of strawberries, cool whip & pound cake.  It was amazing!!  My favorite pound cake recipe

3. Cheeseburger Salad
We had a few cookouts this month that left us with some leftover cheeseburgers + toppings.  I chopped up the burger with all of my favorite burger toppings to make a delicious salad.  It was the perfect, light lunch.  The pickles were my favorite part!  I didn't use any dressing, but a drizzle of mustard would have been delicious.

4. Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs + Stir Fry
We love this teriyaki stir fry!  It's such an easy dinner to throw together and my whole crew will eat it.  You can find the recipe here 

5. Face Plate
My 4 year old told me that fun lunch plates taste better :)
I put all of her favorite things on a plate and made a funny face.
It was a huge hit.

6. Smoothies
We have been making smoothies almost daily at our house.  My kids LOVE them and they're a great treat option to help us cool off.  I lay out all of the fruit/veggie options on the counter and then let my daughter grab whatever she wants to put in.  She calls herself a smoothie chef and happily grabs handfuls of spinach to add to her smoothie!  Hooray :)

7. My most favorite pie in the world - Strawberry Pie - my recipe

8. Stuffed Pepper Casserole
I wrote about this recipe earlier in the month and it was AMAZING!  I cannot wait to make it again.
You can find the recipe here


Have you tried any new recipes lately??
Now I'm starving!!  Which recipes are you anxious to try???
I'm linking up with 2 of my favorite cooking ladies today
and we're all sharing our best recipes from the month.

Linking up with Southern Plate

Katie @ Cup of Tea
New Recipes to Try

Whitney @ Come Home for Comfort
What We're Eating

Head over to their blogs to see what delicious meals they are sharing this month!
 We've also started a Pinterest Board called
New Recipes We've Tried and Loved!
Be sure to check it out and get some great ideas for meals at your house.

6 comments:

  1. And now my stomach is growling. I need to pick up some strawberries again before the price on them goes back up for the winter and taco plate sounds right up my alley. Happy Monday friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We love cheeseburger salads, too! Your strawberry desserts both had my mouth watering! I love pound cake, and there's nothing like the texture it becomes once it has absorbed a little bit of strawberry juice! Yum!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum now I want a strawberry stack! What a great snack idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stirfry… But not necessarily something the kids are willing to eat… I'm going to take a look at that recipe and give it a try! As always you have the best recipes-so easy, flavorful and perfect for weeknight meals. Whenever you feel like coming down to North Carolina and cooking for me… You are welcome to!!! 😂😂😜

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cheeseburger salad is calling my name! It looks so good and gives me a new fresh way to eat salads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smoothie Chef! I love that joy :) And SUCH a great idea for that strawberry stack. Genius. So smart.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.