Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Routine Shmoutine

I keep trying to figure out a daily routine but something always throws me for a loop... I'm learning to be flexible and to go with the flow
because we all know that this is not my nature.

I was up until 3:30am doing a whole slew of things/projects.

I got up to feed the baby a time or two.

Woke up to find a waterfall coming through down the vents in my family room.  Apparently upstairs unit is being renovated and they cut the water line.  Now my place sounds like a wind tunnel with "tornado fans" drying out the carpet.  Luckily we are renters and management is taking care of everything and none of our property was damaged. I wonder if management would pay for some kitty counseling because my cats are traumatized by the loud noise?!?!  Now the place is a wreck.
Oh and it's our anniversary so I baked Kevin's grandma's 3 layer buttermilk cake and decorated it amidst a crew of workman in and out.  Olive wanted to help out in the kitchen and learn to bake so we had our first cooking class.  Really glad that is done and ready to be devoured.
I need to get started on dinner... Ribeyes, baked potatoes, corn, watermelon and black eyes peas.

Olive needs to eat and wants to be held.  I had hoped to bathe her and jump in the shower.  Not going to happen because workman are still hanging around.  Maybe tomorrow...
Looking forward to Kevin getting home and just hanging out together.  Changing the title of my to do list for the day to my to-morrow list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.