Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Road Trip Day 3 Monuments

SD Powerball was up to $61 million so we thought we'd try our luck... it made for some interesting what if discussions and it turns out that we only won $1.
Kevin knows me so well... we saw the signs advertising this shop along the highway.  He suggested we stop in for a QUICK look around and I found some great Christmas ornaments!
Our first sightings of Mt. Rushmore from the road.
Flags for each state.
We went on a walking tour with a fun park ranger.  He knew everything about Mt. Rushmore!
The Black Hills were pretty!
The original plan for Mt. Rushmore.
Crazy Horse Monument
The plan for the finished monument.
Slightly ironic plaque at the museum.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! I've never been to Mt. Rushmore but I'd love to go someday. I had no idea it had that whole walkway with the flags!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.