Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Halloween Mummy Dogs

I made the yummiest Halloween dinner the other night - Mummy dogs!

My kids thought they were funny and pretty delicious.

I found lots of recipes online and I combined them all to make my own version.


Ingredients:
8 hot dogs
1 can of crescent rolls
16 edible eyeballs

Toppings: Slices of cheese, ketchup and mustard.

Grill your favorite hot dogs.  We like Nathans from Sams.  I don't love hot dogs so grilling them for this recipe made all the difference.  I just grilled them on my stove top in my grill pan.  Let them cool on a paper towel to soak up the grease.

Unroll one can of crescent rolls flat and slice them into thin strips.

Wrap your hot dogs in strips of crescent rolls (and cheese if your family likes cheese) and place on a baking sheet.  Bake them at 350 for 12 minutes or until golden brown.  Let cool and add eyes.

Serve with tator tots, cheeto bones and fruit.  Your family will love this Halloween dinner!  You could definitely prep these in advance and warm them up for dinner Halloween night or anytime this month.  Most baking sections will have edible eyeballs this time of year at craft stores or big stores like Walmart.  I bought a box of edible eyeballs of all sizes to keep on hand.

Yummy Mummies :)


2 comments:

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.