Friday, October 27, 2023

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, friends!  I'm not sure how it's the last Friday of October, but we're here.  We had a fun week with lots of favorites, some stressful things, good sleep and lots of time outside.

Did you catch my blog posts this week?

New Board & Batten Entry Ways - this was a huge DIY project at our house!

Under $10 Teacher Gifts - big hit with the teachers!

Halloween Mummy Dogs - the easiest Halloween dinner idea.


Now onto my favorites:

1. Dreamy Dress

I was grabbing some groceries at Walmart this week with no intention to try on clothes.  Then I saw this gorgeous dress and had to pivot.  We hopped in the dressing room and it was love at first sight.  This Pioneer Woman dress is so good!  There's no stretch to the fabric so I'd size up and it's under $30.  I'm not usually a fan of the Pioneer Woman line of clothing, but her Fall dresses are lovely.

When Leo saw me in the dress he said "You're a princess!" and I was sold.  It comes in a pink floral and this floral.  I got both!

2. Hoops are back!

Have you heard!?  Hoops are back in style.  Maybe they never went out of style, but they're popular again.  I wore hoops for years and years so it's good to have them back in my rotation.  I grabbed this gold pair off of amazon and I'm seeing silver accessories everywhere.  The price is amazing and the quality is great.  They're a good weight and size where they look nice and you forget to have them in.  I get tons of compliments on them and am planning to gift some for the holidays.  

Here's my link for the hoops: 


3.  Showcase Night at School

The kids had a really fun book fair/showcase night at school this week.  We got to see lots of neat art on display, play with robots from their technology class and shop the book fair.  It was a neat night!  The kids loved showing up how to use all the technology.  Leo loved the life sized robots.





4. Happy Birthday, Mom!

I hosted my mom's birthday party this year and everything came together so nicely!  I went with a cute Halloween theme and we did a Fall menu of hot dogs and brats and a chili bar with pies for dessert.  Yummy!  I love a party menu where Kevin grills the meat and I take care of the inside stuff.




Happy Birthday, Mom!  We love you!


5. Pie Season

Pie season is my favorite.  I made a Derby Pie, Peanut Butter Pie (recipe coming!) and a Pumpkin Pie.  It was fun to enjoy a little pie buffet.  My kids love pumpkin and I love the others.  I added in some chocolate chip cookie bars just in case someone didn't like pie.



6. Penny snuggles

Penny loves being out on our patio.  It was a little chilly one day so snuggling her on the patio was my favorite.

7. Lunch Date

I'm so thankful to get to spend my days with Leo.  He's the best lunch date and since he's our baby I know that he'll be in school before I know it.  Toddlers the funniest little people.

 Definitely didn't need any help with his sunnies.

8. Outside

I spent every afternoon until dark outside this week.  The kids wanted me to watch them play or hang out with them and their friends or do some reading.  Fletcher loves to shoot his bow and arrow.  He really loves that he's taught Leo to fetch the arrows and bring them back to him.  The kids have been playing baseball or playing with cars nonstop.  This weather is my favorite!


9. Fire Pit season

Fire pit season is our favorite!  This corner of our yard just screams Fall!  I have all the s'more ingredients ready for evenings at the fire pit.

10. Tooth Fairy on duty

I set an alarm on my phone so that I made sure that the tooth fairy didn't forget her late night duties.  Little traditions like this make me smile.  I quickly cut out a tooth from an index card, wrote the message and left some cash.

11. Milestone

We've hit the big kid milestone of rarely using a stroller.  No more baby gear needed and running errands is actually pretty easy as long as I have snacks.  Leo walked through the mall with me to do a return and then stopped by to drive the cars.  Said hello to the Old Navy dog and held my hand.  No big deal.  No fits.  No chasing.  Just hanging out with mom.  Yay!


I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  We've got a pretty quiet one planned and I'm excited.  See you back here on Monday.

Linking up with Momfessionals for Friday Favorites


5 comments:

  1. The tooth fairy just visited our house too! My oldest (7) has been asking about her and Santa....I at least want to get through one more Christmas for her enjoying the magic!!! Would love to hear how you have navigated that with Olive if she knows.

    Your party looks beautiful. Great job on hosting as always!! The pies seriously made my mouth water, yum!!

    I am so happy hoops are back in too!!! I've been eyeing them at TJMaxx but I can't decide if I like gold or silver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a big step when you can leave the stroller behind. I love the new dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh! I do love that dress, you look fabulous in it.
    It sounds like a fun night at school. It's nice to see what our kids are getting up to and what a lovely celebration for your mom's birthday.
    How lovely to spend so much time outside and what a big milestone to hit, not using a stroller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dress, love the hoops. The photo of you wearing them with the beautiful scarf is just gorgeous. What a great celebration for your mom's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics! The fall foliage is beautiful! Hope your mom had a good birthday - looks like it was a fun time with lots of yummy food! Have a great week & a Happy Halloween!
    -Morgan @mommyaboveall.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.