Friday, October 6, 2023

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, friends!  I hope you've had a good week.  Our week was BUSY.

Did you catch my blog posts this week?

Early Fall Outfit Inspiration

Potty Training the Easy Way

Family Favorite Chicken Fried Rice - my family licks their plates with this meal!

 

Now onto my favorite moments of the week:

1.  Fall Festival

Our city has a giant street fest every Fall and we enjoy stopping in one night every Fall.  The kids weren't very interested in food so we got one snack, did one ride and played some games.  We bumped into some friends and my sister's family and the weather was perfect.  It was such a fun evening!




We tried funnel cake fries for the first time and they were delicious.  We just wish the serving size was bigger :)

2. Fletcher turned 7 1/2!

We celebrated Fletcher's half birthday with a plate of cookie halves.  He loved it!  It's the easiest half birthday tradition.  Grab your kid's favorite treat, cut it in half, add a candle and sing to them.

3. Career Day

Fletcher opted to go as a fisherman.  He said he had no idea what he wanted to be when he grew up because he was only seven, but he did know that he loves to fish.

Olive was torn between a librarian and a 2nd grade teacher so she combined the two.

4. Homemade Salsa

We finally had enough tomatoes, peppers and a few other things from the garden to make salsa.  I still have some kinks to work out, but I love seeing this container of homemade salsa in the fridge.  We're hoping our tomatoes do even better next year to make more salsa.

5. Story time

We had a blast at story time again this week.  Leo is participating more and more and we both look forward to going together.  I love that he gets introduced to new toys, new music and gets practice listening to a teacher for an hour a week.

6. Smiley faces

Remember how I told you last week that Leo could now make smiley faces??  He spent a good portion of this week drawing smiley faces :)

7. Spooky

The kids helped me decorate for Halloween this week!  We do sweet Halloween decorations.  Nothing scary or gross.  The kids love these teeth.  Leo kept asking me to put his teeth in haha.

8. School Lunches

The kids love when I put their favorite foods in their lunch - Cheeto Bones, their favorite sandwiches, cheese cubes, Scotcharoos and caramels.

9. Blankets

Leo loves these two striped blankets.  They're his favorite things to snuggle with.  Both of my boys have opted for special blankets over special stuffed animals and it's my favorite!

10. Helper

Leo is the best shopping helper.  He prefers to sit in the bottom of the cart with all the food.  Then he helps me load and unload the cart.  I know I'll be sad when he's too big to ride in the cart.

11. Favorite Flowers

Our whole property is lined with these sweet little flowers this year!  I know they are a weed, but you can't convince me that they aren't the happiest tiny flowers.

12. Winning

We celebrated one of our cousins turning 16 with family and Notre Dame won!  Win-win.

13. Fall Blast

Our church Fall festival was last weekend.  We had the best time with friends.  The boys loved the first responder section, everyone had fun on the rides and we ended the night with fireworks and candy.  It really was a blast!

This takes me back to Fletcher's toddler days when he was obsessed with fire trucks.  Time flies!!



Olive loves a double decker bus!

14. School Fall Fest

Kevin took the big kids to their school Fall Fest.  It was lots of fun!

 

15. Sunday Snooze.

It got a little too quiet on Sunday afternoon and look where I found Leo...napping in the sunshine.  Sweet guy doesn't nap anymore so he must have been worn out from all the fun this week :)


I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!  My crew is on Fall Break next week so I'm taking a blog break to enjoy them. I'll see you back here on Monday the 16th.

Linking up with Momfessionals

1 comment:

  1. It really was a busy week, but in all the best ways. I love the pic of Olivia laughing at the fall festival. Enjoy the fall break!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.