Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Under $10 Teacher Gifts

Have you thanked a teacher lately?

I love surprising my kid's teachers with something each month.  I try to write a handwritten note with specific compliments about them or their classroom and pair that with a small gift.  I love to find things under $15 because we have 4 or 5 teachers to shop for this year.

I grabbed these canvas bags at Marshalls at the beginning of the school year.  They were just $6.99 each!  They're BIG and sturdy and so affordable.  I loved all the patterns so we picked them out specific for each teacher.  I love the stationery aisle at stores like HomeGoods, TJ Maxx or Marshalls.  They've always got really great teacher gift options so I keep an eye on that section year round for teacher gifts.

 

I love to wrap pretty presents in these clear bread bags.  They come with a twist tie and I add a big bow.  I covered up our teacher names, but the cards serve as the perfect gift tag inside the bag.  That way they won't get lost in transport from home to school.


For Fletcher's teacher, I wrote "Fletcher "TOTE-ally" loves being in your classroom!"

She loved it and was so excited about her new bag.

Olive's teacher loved the bow so much that she's been wearing it in her hair.  Olive loved that.



 

What are your favorite gifts to give teachers?

I promise that a genuine email or note of thanks will go a long way!  You can even email their principal to share all of the things that you appreciate about your child's teacher.  Both options are free and would really make their day!


3 comments:

  1. Love this idea Whitney! I am a big fan of sending emails to our teachers and administrators. You are so right- a little recognition and appreciation goes a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun (and useful) gift! That aisle is one of my faves too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these gift ideas! They would be perfect for co-workers, too. I'm keeping that in mind for Christmas. And would you believe it - I picked up that blue leopard tote for myself at Marshalls back in the spring! :) It really is sturdy and SO cute!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.