Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Sourdough Waffles

I'm always on the hunt for recipes that call for sourdough discard.  I hate wasting it and I have learned that it is so delicious in cookies and now waffles.  I found a simple recipe, made a few adjustments and can't wait to share it with you today.  My family - kids and adults - loved these sourdough waffles.

 

I doubled this recipe to make waffles for dinner for my family.

Ingredients:

2 eggs

1 cup sourdough starter

3/4 c Buttermilk

3 T melted butter 

2 t vanilla

1 cup flour

1/2 t baking soda

1/2 t salt

2 T sugar

Optional: chocolate chips, butter to top waffles, syrup and berries.

 

Directions:

Stir all ingredients together until well combined.  Makes 4-5 waffles.  I made regular waffles for the adults and chocolate chip waffles for the kids.  I served these waffles for dinner with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and berries.


These waffles were delicious fresh out of the waffle maker and delicious reheated the next day.  If you have a sourdough bread starter going, you've got to give this recipe a try!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I never even thought about that! The waffles look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.