Monday, July 31, 2023

July Coffee Chat

Hey Friends! I wanted to wrap up July with a coffee chat.  It's hard to believe that August is almost here and that the kids start school on the 7th.  Only iced coffee and maybe a breakfast sandwich will do when it's this hot out.  We're melting in the Midwest.

1. Olive loves getting solo time with me or Kevin.  This past weekend she planned out a fun outing for us.  She needed new tennis shoes for school and then we came up with a to do list together.  We hit all our favorite spots (Academy, Marshalls, Consignment shop & HomeGoods) with a stop for lunch in the middle at Jason's Deli.  We chatted and had a great time.  We also checked in with the boys and brought a little something back for them.

2. Fletcher and Leo moved into their shared room officially this week.  They were both so excited, but we're struggling a bit to get everyone to sleep through the night in their new spots.  I know they will settle into their rooms, but I'm tired from all the middle of the night wake ups.

3. Our garden is doing well!  I bought the wrong tomatoes that vined instead of grew tall.  They weren't doing well so we pulled them up and replaced them.  It thrills me so much to go out and cut fresh herbs from my herb garden and harvest veggies from our vegetable garden.  Thankfully Kevin waters everything every day and we have all been working hard to help things grow.

4. We're hosting a big work dinner party at our house in late August for Kevin's coworkers to celebrate some new hires.  It'll be our biggest party of new friends at our house so I'm working hard to make sure everything is just right.  I found these pretty butterfly napkins and am working on the menu, the flowers, the seating and praying for perfect weather that evening.  HomeGoods has the best napkin selection.  I'd love any extra happy thoughts and prayers for this dinner the last weekend in August.

5. This is our last full week of Summer so that means that we are in full back to school prep mode.  We've gotten the new tennis shoes, the new clothes, ordered supply boxes, refreshed lunch packing supplies and have an open house to go to later this week.  I need to give everyone haircuts this week and then I think we are set.  The kids go to an amazing school and we are so excited for all of the opportunities they will have this year.  Fletcher is going into 2nd grade and Olive is starting 5th grade.  Leo is just 3 so he and I will be enjoying another year home together before he goes to PreK.

6. Olive woke up one day and decided she loves STITCH.  She's Stitch obsessed and it's really sweet.  We had never really paid much attention to the movies so she's having us catch up on the movies and the shows.


7. Have you purchased outdoor lights for your garage or light pole?  I'm in the market for new outdoor lights, but the options online and in stores like Menards are overwhelming.  Send me all your links, brands or favorite store tips.

8. Do you have a favorite night time/sleep bra?  Send me all your recommendations because mine could use an update.

9. Do you aerate your own lawns?  Kevin's wanting to get ours aerated and we'd appreciate your tips.

10. I exercised 29times this month and I'm so proud of myself!  I added it to my daily to do list.  It was a priority and I figured out a way to exercise with the kids home.  Yay!  I have some good momentum going into August.  I give all the credit to our new treadmill.  It's so easy and convenient to exercise quickly during the day.


Thanks for listening!  I'd love to chat with you in the comments.


3 comments:

  1. Way to go with the exercise...that's amazing. For the bra question, I like both of these: https://amzn.to/3OB1gct and https://amzn.to/3ODSVF3 Enjoy the last week of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to comment and again - hope it gets through!

    So glad you and Olive had a fun day out. Those are the best. Are you Costco members? We get our outdoor lights from them. I suggest solar charged verses electric ⚡️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray that they have an amazing school year! We are also melting here in Texas!105+ degrees plus high humidty! Yuck! So sweet - glad y'all got some one on one time with your best girl! I want to try a raised garden bed. We have a huge garden on our property but we let Nate's dad garden with it. (they live behind us and our properties back up to each other) I pray your dinner party goes well! I am sure it will - you seem like a fabulous host! We have hanging lights over our side porch and found them at Harbor Freight! Not sure if y'all have one of those?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.