Friday, July 7, 2023

Fourth Favorites

I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July!  June seemed to go by slowly, but now we're half way through summer.  We had a festive week and I have lots of favorites to share with you today.

1 // Flag Charcuterie Lunch

I surprised the kids with all of their favorite red, white and blue foods for lunch.  They loved it!  These soft pretzels are such a fun addition to any lunch menu.

2 // Amazon Favorites

Did you see my Amazon favorites post on Wednesday??  10 Summer Amazon Must Haves - I shared s everything from goggles to toddler shorts to board books to these jelly bracelets that I love so much.  If you've seen me this Summer, you've seen me wearing these bracelets.

 3 // 4th of July

We had a really fun 4th at home.  I love matching holiday outfits for the kids so much.  We invited some friends over for fireworks and fun and it really was so much fun.





4 // Watch them grow!  Our trees were planted about a year ago and they have grown so much.  So have the kids!

2023 Backyard on July 4th

2022 Backyard on July 4th!

5 // Red, white and blue jello

My kids requested festive jello for the 4th.  I make rainbow jello every St Patrick's Day so they wanted me to try red and blue jello for the 4th.  It took hours to make (12 layers x 20 minutes each to set = a lot of time making jello), but the end result was totally worth it.

6 // Bouquets of flags

I stocked up on a big set of American flags last year and I loved decorating with them again this year.  It is so fun and festive to have bouquets of flags all over the house.



I popped flags in everything I could for July!  All of my planters and indoor plants all got flags.  Our house looked so festive and the kids had fun helping me.

7 // Jordan Bakery Box

I had some really yummy red, white and blue orders this week!


8 // Parties

I love all the prep and planning for holidays.  It's my favorite thing to collect all the best paper products for parties.  We used these cute firework plates all week and added sprinkles to anything we could.

9 // Kids in the Kitchen

This was our family theme this week - incorporating kids in the kitchen whenever we could.  I invited them to help me make breakfast for dinner giving them important jobs.  They loved it.  I taught them my tricks and tips for chocolate dipped pretzels.  They had the best time making them for our 4th of July party with friends.

10 // Okra

We picked a bowl full of okra this week!  It's done so well in our garden.  I am planning to fry some and freeze some for soups this Fall.  Fletcher had the job of measuring the okra to make sure we picked the biggest ones.  Leo had the job of collecting everything in a bowl.  We are loving our garden!




Linking up with Momfessionals


1 comment:

  1. The jello is VERY impressive! Love the tree pictures showing everyone's growth!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.