Friday, January 31, 2020

January Favorites

Happy Friday!  I don't know about you, but January felt VERY long to me.  I'm not sure why - we were all pretty healthy, we had a good month and didn't have much going on.  It just felt long.  I'm excited to move on to February.

We've had plenty to smile about this month.  Here are the FAVORITES from this month:

1. Fiddle Leaf Figs
I've raved about these pretty plants for a long time.  I hit the jackpot at Aldi this month.  They'd just unloaded a huge pallet of BIG house plants and they were all marked $12.99!!  I got these two fiddle leaf figs and they're beautiful.  They're about 3 feet tall, come with a white plastic pot and they look really healthy.  I had hoped to pick up a new one this Spring and wanted to spend $25 on it.  I got two for that price at Aldi.  I'm hoping they do great at my house!


2. Kevin & Olive
Kevin got to go to a fun technology workshop with Olive.  She was thrilled.  He was thrilled.  It was really fun for both of them.  And he took pictures for mom :)




3. Winter Sunrises
The sunrises have been so pretty this month!  I'm not really a morning person so these beautiful skies have given us all something to look forward to.

4. Adventure Awaits
I've been trying hard to say yes to fun things - like when the kids ask to go to the park, but it's freezing out.  We had lunch with friends, bundled up and headed to the park.  We were chilly, but it was tons of fun!


5. Mimi & Papaw
My parents came up for the day to help us and to visit.  My dad brought his truck to help us with phase one of operation big kid bedroom (getting the kids new beds) and then we sent home an extra mattress we had with them.  That way they'll have an extra bed for us to use at their house and we can get the big kid bedroom set up.  It's always fun to hang out with them.



6. Deals
I love a good deal!  I've been saving our coupons, deal code and doing those silly receipt surveys to add some fun into our routines.  This day I surprised the kids with a free ice cream run to our favorite - Culvers!  They were thrilled!

7. 100th Day of School
Olive got to do several fun things for the 100th Day of School.  Dressing up as a cute grandma was easily her favorite.  She picked out her pink outfit, makeup, dry shampoo to gray her hair and loved it.  Fletcher had to join in the grandpa fun.


8. Story Time
We've gotten into a great routine of story time each week.  Fletcher enjoys going and the class always ends with bubble time!


9. Dot's Pretzels
My parents have been raving about these pretzels.  My friend Erin raved about them.  I spotted them in the store for $5.99 and couldn't fathom that they'd really be that good.  Well, I was wrong.  They're the most delicious seasoned pretzels ever.  Think Gardetto flavoring, but better.  They're such a fun treat!  Have you had them before??

10.Sweet & Silly
Fletcher is so sweet to happily wait on his sister for things.  He's so silly at the bus stop.  Sweet smile and his new favorite silly smile.


11. Big Kid
It's really fun to be at the big kid phase with Fletcher.  He can walk through the store, help me unload groceries and in general just be fun to hang out with.  

12. Road Trip
We went on a little road trip to meet up with some friends this month.  We had dinner at a new favorite pizza place.  The kids did great and we all enjoyed catching up.

13. Under Construction
Our local children's museum unveiled a really fun new construction exhibit to correspond with some new construction project coming to our down town.  Fletcher loved it all.  He had the best time building, using the air cannon and doing construction work.  We're excited to take Olive back after school one day.



14. DIY
I've been in a major DIY mood this year.  I gave our front door a makeover and have a list of projects to do next.  I ordered the supplies so stay tuned for some fun projects on the blog in February!


Hope you have a wonderful Superbowl weekend!!

Linking up with Momfessionals for Friday Favorites

8 comments:

  1. Love the format of this post! You had a fun month! I have seen those pretzels and wondered what the hype could be. Now I’m motivated to try them! definitely watching for fiddle leafs to come to Aldi! Thanks for the insiders tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are so cute in their 100 days of school outfits. I was so excited to see the beautiful plants at Aldi for such a steal! I'm hoping they'll have them again next year because I'm not sure I want to get a live plant in the house with a puppy. That sunrise is gorgeous. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your front door is such a pretty color. Love the wreath, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a great January despite the gray skies. Now on to February and the countdown to baby #3. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. January has been a SUPER long month! This weekend, the weather is suppose to be more spring-like so I'm sure we will head outside. In Arkansas it has rained so much that going outside has been rare. I hope y'all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good good month friend!
    Looks like y’all had a lot of fun… I will agree with you-January always seems like it’s going to fly by at the beginning of the month and then I always feel like I’m trudging through the last couple of weeks!
    You always manage to do lots of fun things and make the most of your time and that is such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been holding out on Dots pretzels because of the price! I need to splurge sometime.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.