Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Every Day I Will...

I'm setting goals a little differently this year.

I have come up with a list of things that I want to shoot for doing every day.

It's a mix of things to do for me and for my family that I have on my radar for 2020.  I'm going to post these ten words/phrases by my desk and keep them fresh in my mind.  I won't be making a daily checklist for myself with them.  I'll just reference them regularly until they become routine.


Everyday I will...

1. Eat colorfully
Meal prep, plan and enjoy colorful foods this year.

2. Read
I hope to read books for pleasure, read my Bible, read to my kids and talk about books.

3. Clean
Keep a tidy house with a little cleaning every day.

4. Create
Give myself opportunities to do the hobbies I enjoy - crafting, blogging, gardening, decorating, etc.

5. Connect with people
We are all super connected online, but I want to focus on connecting face to face or sending personal messages this year.  I read something recently about how so many people report feeling lonely despite being connected on social media.  My goal is to do more connecting in real life.

6. Play
I'm a pretty serious, task oriented person.  I have to remind myself to joke around and play.  This year I'd like to play more and worry less about the to dos.

7. Exercise
Being able to exercise and being healthy is such a privilege.  I really want to change my mind set and view exercise as ADDING something to my day (as my instagram friend @karaswanson talks about).

8. Save
Be mindful of spending and look for ways to save money.  Limit mindless shopping.  Really look at the supplies and things I have in my home before buying new.  Less shopping.

9. Relax
This goes along with #6.  I find relaxing to be very hard.  I'm always on.  So this year I'd like to unplug and enjoy some relaxing time maybe watching a show, having a date night at home or doing something to unwind at the end of the day.

10. Love
Only add things I love to my calendar, only buy things I love, encourage the people that I love and do things out of love.

Can you relate to any of my 10 goals for the new year?

8 comments:

  1. Whitney! I feel like you are my soul sister! We share so many of the same goals and thoughts. Love these and I am cheering you along as well as striving for many of the same things you’re hoping to prioritize this year!💛💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of having small daily goals to focus on each day instead of some huge, unattainable goal for the year. I'm working to control spending and increase my activity too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such great daily goals! I know you will crush it! Happy New Year, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful! We have a lot of the same goals. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I feel like it definitely applies to my life as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. #6! I have chosen to try cultivated a joy-filled home-- not because I'm grumpy but more because I get so focused on tasks I want to remember to pause and laugh and play!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.