Friday, January 10, 2020

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  I'm ready for the weekend - how about you??

I have some fun favorites to share with you today.  It's a random mix, but lots of fun :)

We've had some unseasonably warm weather since Christmas.  This means we've been playing outside, riding bikes, doing some yard work and enjoying our backyard way more than we normally do in January.  My MIL picked up some bulbs for me.  I enlisted my favorite gardening helpers and we planted them one afternoon.  Double tulips are my favorite and hyacinths smell amazing.  Can't wait to see them pop up this Spring.


My first attempt at sour dough bread!  They tasted great, but I have a few things I need to adjust when I bake next week.  I'm really enjoying working on my bread making skills this year.  I think I am going to try a regular loaf of bread and some cinnamon rolls (Kevin's favorite) next.

Yesterday was National Law Enforcement Day so we had to celebrate our favorite policeman/Dad/Papaw.  The kids love when we we are visiting my parents on a week day.  That means that my dad goes to work and is all decked out in his uniform and patrol car.  Olive and Fletcher are always curious about the lights, sirens, supplies and gear my dad keeps in his car.  

Fletcher tells people he wants to be a policeman just like his Papaw.

Nerf Guns.  Fletcher asked Santa for some and was gifted a few more for Christmas.  We have quite the collection now.  Few things bring him as much joy as having his Nerf Gun "Locked and Loaded".  He's been pretty good about being careful and Olive likes to join in the fun.



 Backyard bonfire.  We burned all the branches on our fire pit and had some s[mores.

Olive had two weeks off for Christmas break this year.  Fletcher was thrilled to have her around so much.  I walked into the playroom to see them snuggling like this.

Crafts!  My kids love them.  They're always asking to do them.  These glitter capsules were a fun change of pace and really were almost no mess like they claimed.

More backyard fun!

We've also been going on family walks.  Our walks look different than they used to now that the kids are getting bigger.  Both kids want to walk, run, ride and hop in and out of the double stroller.  It's a nice way to give them a break when their legs get tired.  We also spotted a rainbow in the middle of the blue sky!

One of Olive's Christmas gifts was back ordered, cancelled, reordered and then finally arrived this week.  She's thrilled to have an official pilot for her Barbie jet.

My sister introduced me to this new Essie strengthening polish.  The color is Mauve-tivation.  I've been wearing it all week.  It's really pretty.  My childhood bedroom was mauve so it reminds me of the floral wallpaper covered walls.


Hope you have a great weekend!  We have a lot of rain in the forecast so I think we'll be sticking close to home.

4 comments:

  1. My boys are absolutely obsessed with Nerf guns… And because I have an older nephew – who is so kind to give us all of his old toys – we are literally drowning in Nerf guns at our house😆😆
    I’m so glad you guys of been having some good weather that allows you to be outside and I am obsessed with that color of nail polish… It is so so pretty!!
    Happy Friday friend!!💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun week! Was Olive still out of school this week? Yay for long breaks! I adore that nail polish color. I’ll have to look for it. Tell Olive that her new Barbie is the coolest - I’ve never seen a pilot Barbie or jet! I’ll have to look that up! Have a great weekend, Whitney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We received some of those glitter dots for Christmas too! I've been saving them for a rainy day - I'm glad to see they were a hit! It is precious that Fletcher wants to be a policeman like Grandpa. Have a beautiful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nerf guns...they will be a boy's best friend for many years. Jack was still playing with them into his teens. Love the mauve polish! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.