Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Baby #3: Weeks 24-28

It's time for our monthly baby #3 check in.  Everything is going GREAT!

Week 24: Dec 24
Baby boy is the size of a pomegranate.

We celebrated all the Christmas traditions with family this week!  We had Christmas at home, traveled to see family for a week and packed tons of fun into our week.  I was more tired than usual and tried to rest when I could.  I found myself missing my bed and the comforts of home after being away for so many days.  I'm a do-er so it was hard for me to sit back and ask for help carrying things or loading up the van.  I just want to do everything myself.



Week 25: Dec 31
Baby boy is the size of an egg plant.

He's moving like crazy at night.  Makes me wonder if he'll be a night owl.  I keep having the urge to clean out and get rid of all the things.  I want all the clutter GONE yesterday.  No closet is safe.  It feels so good to sell, donate and throw out stuff we are not using.  My family is not sharing in my enthusiasm to get rid of things.

I'm hungry 24/7.  Not just a little hungry, but like STARVING.  I am craving cereal and candy just like I did with Olive.  My belly is starting to feel heavy.  I had a check up this week and things are looking good.


Fletcher announced in the car one day, "I can't wait to meet my baby brother!!"



Week 26: January 7, 2020
Baby boy is the size of an acorn squash.

Happy New Year!  We celebrated at home and enjoyed a quiet Christmas break.

Quiet week this week.  I'm still feeling super hungry and getting up lots at night to use the restroom.






Week 27: Jan 14
Baby boy is the size of a cabbage.

I started having my traditional pregnancy dream - all my teeth fall out.  I've had it with all the kids.  It's so vivid and real that I always wake up and feel to make sure I still have teeth - ha!

I'm craving lemon water, burgers and baby is moving a ton.





Week 28: Jan 21
Baby boy is the size of a head of lettuce.

When we sit down on the couch together or go to read a book together, the baby is kicking like crazy.  The kids think it's hilarious when he bops the book we're reading and they love feeling him kick.  It's been a fun way to include the kids in his milestones.

It's getting harder to get in and out of bed.  I feel like a flipped over turtle and find myself saying WOOF anytime bending or sitting up is required.

I took my one hour glucose test this week.  I was sure I'd fail it since I did with Fletcher.  I was already trying to wrap my head around having to take the 3 hour glucose test and failing that since I was borderline with Fletcher.  We talked through it all with my doctor and she said she'd call the following day with the results.  Well she called and said I PASSED MY GLUCOSE TEST WITH FLYING COLORS.  Zero concern going forward with blood sugar!!  I cried actual tears of JOY.  It was such a relief to know that it was fine and not have to do any additional monitoring.  My blood pressure is high, but not that high for me so we're just keeping an eye on that.  I also found out I have a sinus infection.  I haven't had one in years so no wonder my head was hurting like crazy.

I've been thrilled this time around that I haven't been as swollen or had as much heart burn as this point in other pregnancies.





Things are zooming right along into the 3rd trimester now!

5 comments:

  1. You are the most beautiful mama and I love these updates!! Little baby brother is going to be here before you know it!!💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cool that you are doing these updates! they will be so fun to look back on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your glucose test!! That is awesome, Whitney! Love reading these updates. Your little guy is going to be here before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you and your family. I love the updates with the fruit/veggie sizes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you passed the glucose test!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.