Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Life Lately

Hey Friends!  I've got lots of random things to share with you today.  We've been having fun plenty of fun this month.  Let me show you.

The Oscar Mayer wiener mobile showed up in our area.  We spotted it and the kids thought it was hilarious.  We had to go up for a closer look.  They got hot dog whistles, stickers and go to see the inside.  The laughed about it all day long.


Fletcher and I tagged along to Olive's field trip last week.  They went to the museum.  Fletcher loved playing with the big kids.



The kids convinced me that our bushes needed some cobwebs to look festive for Halloween.

Fletcher loves his science class.  We go a couple times a month and it's always fun.

We hadn't had a date night in weeks so I scheduled one for Friday night.  We stopped by Kevin's office to do some organizing (my favorite & his least favorite so he likes my help) and then went out to dinner.  I enjoy helping Kevin with organizing projects and his office is in great shape to finish out his semester.  And you can never go wrong with a quiet dinner for two :)



It's gotten cool enough for holiday pjs!!!

We went on a quick one day road trip.  The skies were beautiful!!  I've learned to keep balls and tennis rackets in the car so we're always ready to play when we get somewhere.  If I have enough time I usually pack scooters & helmets, too.  We got to see some family and run errands to a few of our favorite places.

Kevin's Grandpa Carl turned 90 and we had to go celebrate with him!  It was a really fun time to hang out with Kevin's family.

The kids are loving their Sunday School classes at church.  Fletcher was telling us Bible stories about kings and Olive was learning about Moses, the Red Sea and Egyptians/Israelites.

Olive's school hosts a Color Run each year and she LOVES it.  She runs one mile, runs through color powder stations and then gets a packet of color to throw at the end.  It's her favorite.  Fletcher and I had fun cheering for her along the path.


The cats rarely make the blog anymore, but they're doing great.  Topher is happy and friendly.  Oliver really just loves me.  haha

Olive tells me every day that she wants to grow up to be an artist, art teacher, painter of memories or all of the above.  It's fun to see her so excited about something.  She drew this self portrait one day and I'm obsessed.  It really does look just like her.  She had to make

Then we were asked to bedazzle a scarecrow for homework one week.  She wanted to add all the sparkles and glitter to hers.

We've got some Halloween fun on the horizon and then we're on to November.  It's my birthday month so it's always a favorite!

4 comments:

  1. Y'all have been having a lot of fun lately! Yay for date night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the fun you’ve been having! also LOVE that you help Kevin organize his office!
    One of my best friends in college drove the Wiener Mobile for a year! It was hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall fun! I love this time of year! And you have been soaking up all that fall goodness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember getting so excited in my younger years to see the Oscar Mayer wiener mobile!! Who am I am kidding? It’s still fun to spot even as an adult. You guys have been up to a lot of fun lately. Yay for a date night! Way to go on your self portrait, Olive. So precious. That’s one you display and keep forever!! And I am swooning over that sweet little scarecrow. Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.