Monday, October 14, 2019

ISU Homecoming 2019

We had a really fun homecoming 2019 weekend!  My parents came in town Friday night and we hosted a fun tailgate for Kevin's students and co-workers before the game on Saturday.  The weather was perfect!  It was chilly and wonderful.   We layered our ISU gear and were ready to go.


We grabbed breakfast at McDonalds.

We got there around 10:00 to set up our tailgate spot.  This is our third year to do it and we have our routine down.  We've finally collected enough chairs, coolers, tables, tents, etc. to make it all happen.

I plan the food, my mom helped and Kevin did all the grilling.

We walked around to check out all the ISU things on display.  The kids loved "driving" the race cars.


Sycamore Sam is always a fun sight to see.

 We played games and hung out before the game.  Both of my parents are ISU alums so it's a fun event for them to come to.  We look forward to it every fall.

The kids loved all the space to play and the students were really great to play with them.

I set up the tailgate buffet a little different this year.  I only filled the containers half full and then refilled as needed.  This way we kept lots of food back from being touched and didn't waste any.  It worked out great.  


I added blue sprinkles to our snicker doodles and the caramel apple dip was a big hit.



I brought along my neutral pumpkin and my Indiana cutting board made the perfect football charcuterie board.

We got to watch the team warm up as we strolled through tent city.


 We painted our nails blue to be extra festive.


It was the perfect Fall day!!

Kevin was busy holding down the grill and tailgate so I was glad to have some extra hands to help me with the kids.  Isn't this picture sweet!?!  Papaw & Fletcher. 

The game was BORING so we only stayed until half time.


This was Fletcher's first football game and both kids did great.  They ate popcorn and we did our best to stay warm in the shade.

We came home, took naps and enjoyed watching Notre Dame win that night!!

Yay for college football :)

5 comments:

  1. SO much fun! Tailgating is so exciting! Almost as much fun as the actual game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing and so much fun. I am so inspired by how creative and hospitable you are. I hope I'm more like you when I grow up, working on it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...all that YUMMY food looks SO good!! What a FUN time!! I love college football- and so neat that you guys have made a tradition out of attending homecoming and doing a big tailgate!! Ya'll are such an awesome family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time! It looks like you've got the food spread down to a science. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun time! And that food spread looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.