Friday, October 4, 2019

Fri-YAY!

Olive informed me last week that we should start referring to Friday as Fri-YAY! because it's exciting to make it to the weekend.  Her teacher taught her that.  I like the way she thinks so Fri-YAY it is.

We have had lots of fun things gong on lately and it actually feels like Fall today.  Hooray!

1. Honeysuckle Hill Bee-Stro
I planned a fun MNO with some friends last week to try a sweet local bee-stro.  It's bee and honey themed out in the country and it's so cute.  They paid so much attention to all the little details - hive shaped salt and pepper shakers, mason jars, live bees building a hive framed on one wall of the restaurant and so many honey themed foods.  It's only open seasonally on Friday and Saturday nights.  The peanut butter pie was the star of the meal for me.  The honey cinnamon butter and tiny loaves of bread were a close second.





2. Half birthday
Fletcher turned 3.5 last weekend.  I told him I'd make him any dessert to celebrate.  He requested Chocolate Chip Cookies and told me I was the best cooker ever.  He loves food so much that he's really fun to cook for.


3. Yumboxes
We added snap peas and veggie straws to the lunch packing routine.

4. Duplos
The kids have been doing a lot of Duplo building lately.  They love to build duplos, Picasso tiles, Barbies, babies and play outside together right now.

5. Olive's writing
I woke up to find this note from Olive on our back door.  She wrote it for us to find in the morning.  It was so sweet!  I'm usually the note writer.  Big kids are so fun.  Her writing and reading confidence has grown so much this year!

6. Police mode
Fletcher is in police mode all day long.  He wears my dad's Sheriff hat and is always looking for bad guys.

7. Dino Dig
Science class was all about dinosaurs this week.  Fletcher loved it.  We also found out that our family attended the most science classes out of anyone in 2018.  Yay for our wonderful museum that offers these classes free for members.  We always go to science class, play at the museum and then walk to a yummy restaurant for lunch.


8. Coke Bottles
Fletcher loves spotting "Coca bottles" around town.  The one at the fires station is his favorite.

9. Tennis
Olive started back up with tennis last week and she's loving it.  Her teachers are really fun and silly so she thinks it's the best sport ever.

10. Student Picnic
Kevin's students hosted a picnic at a local park.  I brought my favorite Cowboy Caviar and it was a huge hit.  I should have brought double this amount.  The kids loved playing with all the grad students.  We're the only ones with young children so they always get lots of attention.



Hope you have a wonderful weekend!  We have fun plans in the works with family this weekend :)

Linking up with Momfessionals and H54F with
Becky @  By BMG Blog
Della @ Della Devoted
Tif @ Bright on a Budget
Whitney P @ Come Home for Comfort

6 comments:

  1. That Bee- Stro sounds like so much fun and looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a fun week! That pie looks amazing - and I love the dishes at the bee-stro! I have one piece of that set (Currier and Ives) and I love it. Olive looks so tall and grown up in that tennis pic - she's so cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your sweet kiddos. I always write "Happy Fri-YAY" on my girls' lunch notes on Friday :) That peanut butter pie looks DIVINE. What a cute little place for ya'll to get together for dinner!!! So glad you had a great week and I hope you have a wonderful weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work with grad students too, and they are great! So fun that Kevin's students play with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That restaurant looks so good and what a fun MNO. I love the K plans a picnic for his students! Have a wonderful weekend! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.