Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Our Christmas Traditions

We're in full on Christmas mode at our house now that it's almost December.  I'm working to finish decorating our house today, blasting Christmas music and DVRing all the Christmas movies for my family.  I can't wait to start watching the classics and the Hallmark movies in the evenings.

I am excited to share with you our favorite Christmas reads this month.  We have a fun collection of Christmas kid books that I only put out for December.  I rotate our books to keep the kids interested and excited about the new material. 

My kids are getting Fa La La by Leslie Patricelli (TJ Maxx) and A Very Merry Christmas Prayer (Walmart).  Patricelli is one of our favorite authors so I know my kids will love that one.  I read the Christmas prayer book already and it was really cute.  I'd HIGHLY recommend reading any kid books because some of them are not great.  The cover might be cute, but the story is not.  Do a quick skim and you'll thank yourself later!!

If you're looking for more Christmas book ideas here are 25 Christmas Books we really enjoy!


We're doing our annual NORTH POLE BREAKFAST tomorrow.  It's our 4 year to do the breakfast on December 1st and spoiler alert I'm fixing a super easy breakfast for the kids because it's a school day.  We give the kids Christmas pjs, a Christmas book, an ornament for their tree and a festive meal.

The Kindness Elves were a fun thing to do for the holidays.  This year I think we'll just try to do spontaneous kind acts throughout the month instead of having the elves arrive with a list.

These are some of my favorite Homemade Christmas Ornaments we've done in the past.  I'm hoping to do a hand or foot print ornament with the kids and maybe one more.

Kevin usually requests Chocolate Dipped Pretzels for his coworkers.  They're one of my favorite treats!


December (Hope) To Do List:
There's no pressure to cross everything off our list, 
just a bunch of things we love doing if we can.

Get a Real Christmas Tree
Small Trees for the kid's bedrooms
Mail Out Photo Christmas Cards
Gingerbread House Decorating Party
St Nick's Day 
Mouse House Christmas
Christmas Parade
Christmas Parties
Olive's Christmas Program
Brunch with Santa & His Reindeer
Christmas Light Walk with Hot Chocolate
Duplo Christmas Party
Make Ornaments
Bake Christmas Cookies for Friends
Watch Christmas movies
Cousin Christmas Exchange
Christmas Eve Service
Spend Christmas with our Families
Write Thank You Notes


What fun traditions do you do with your family for December??

5 comments:

  1. What a great list, I am curious what the duplo Christmas party is! You will have to share! Can't believe we are already to the most wonderful time of the year! xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun! I have out my tree and décor already out; will definitely need to share those. We are going to be celebrating our 1st anniversary on Christmas Eve. We haven't really talked about what we would like to do. I would love to make cookies to share with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list! We love watching Christmas movies. We always do jammies and an ornament on Christmas Eve! I picked up a gingerbread house kit and a DIY wooden tree kit and we've already made ornaments, so I'm feeling on top of things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I love chocolate covered pretzels!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such fun traditions. I think this year we will do another gingerbread house. This will be year 3 and I want to bake something special this year to share with friends so maybe we can start that as well.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.