Tuesday, November 28, 2017

November JOY

November is one of my favorite months... Fall, football, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving break, holidays, etc.  It's just such a nice time of year.

Here's a little recap of the joyful moments from November.

I forgot to buy everything I needed to make my Thanksgiving pies so we headed to Meijer on the day before Thanksgiving.  We really had a fun time.  The kids had colored their ornaments for the tree so we hung those up and they were THRILLED to ride Sandy together.  I think Olive is smiling really big because Fletcher didn't head butt her this time.

My MIL brought me a delicious homemade birthday cake.  The kids loved helping put on the candles.  Olive said that all of my candles made a big fire on my cake.  That's the truth of getting older!  We did some gardening, shopping and enjoyed her visit.  I've never planted bulbs before so I'm excited to see them come up in the Spring.



We had our first Friendsgiving with a new group of friends. It was tons of fun and tons of kids!  We all enjoyed ourselves.  My kids and husband had the week off so we did several fun things with our more flexible schedule.

My sister came to visit for my birthday.  I forgot to get a picture with her, but we had a great time.  We ate, the kids played and the day flew by.


We had a great Thanksgiving.  I made turkey cinnamon rolls - so easy and so delicious!!  My kids loved watching the Thanksgiving Day parade.  Is it just me or did there used to be more balloons in the parade??  It felt like a lot of singing and performing and less balloons this year.

 I made pies for my family gathering.

We got on the road and headed south for Thanksgiving lunch.  The kids napped on the way down and we showed up just in time for lunch with Kevin's family.  We enjoyed our afternoon and headed to my sister's house for dinner.  Living 2 hours from our families is so handy!




Fletcher is an AMAZING 12-13 hour sleeper and 2 hour napper at home.  However, when we travel he rebels.  He is slow to fall asleep and then wakes up frequently.  He also woke up in the 6:00am hour which about killed me.  Good thing he's so cute :)

We met friends for a birthday breakfast!!  My kids think McDonalds is the coolest place bc we almost never go there :)

 We braved the crowds and did some mall shopping on Black Friday.  It was fun because we were only out for about an hour.  We all ended up with new shoes.  Spoiler alert: Olive didn't go home with these, but she LOVED trying them on.  I'm waiting on some new Lucky booties to arrive in the mail this week.

Fletcher got a GIANT goose egg after a fun game of chase.  He went head first into some kitchen cabinets and I'm just thankful it wasn't worse.  He's got a very colorful bruise on his forehead now.

We hung out with my parents and did a little shopping with my mom.  Olive was being a little too hands on with the things at Marshalls.  I kept reminding her to look with her EYES and not with her HANDS.  Fast forward a few minutes and she sees my mom checking out something breakable.  She says, Remember Mimi.  Look with your EYES and not with your HANDS!  hahaha  We laughed about that and then told her that rule was mostly for kids.


Tell me something that brought you joy this month!



I wanted to tell you about a fun photo challenge I'm co-hosting for the month of December.
It's super easy to participate and the daily prompts are really fun!
It'll be a great way to document the holidays.
Be sure to use the hashtag #2017CHRISTMASMOMENTS



I'm hosting with some of my favorite friends!
Our hosts include WhitneyBethJessEmilyDanielle, Emily and Whitney.


It's time to link up with my favorite Tuesday Talk Ladies and Beth for her Joy Link Up
Join us with a fun post.


12 comments:

  1. SO many happy moments this month friend. I just love all of the holiday/ birthday memories and the photos of smiling kiddos too. Hope your week is going well. We are struggling to get back into a routine over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much JOY for you guys in November!! All the yummy food! It's making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun! You sure know how to pack in all the activities!! :) We've had house guests for the last nine days - so I'm looking forward to getting back to normal. We've got our tree up but need to get lights on it and get it decorated. Maybe tonight! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pies look delicious!! Sounds like a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun recap! It looks like you had a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet Thanksgiving full of so much fun and I like the garland Olive is eyeing :) PS I love that the horse has a name and their faces are too cute. I also loved your turkey cinnamon rolls, girl you are so creative!!! xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO many good things! I love the pic of the kids on the play horse and your birthday cake looks delish and I really want to plant bulbs some year. I always forget!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're always SO good at doing all the fun and festive things for holidays/celebrations! Poor Fletch with that goose egg- Tell is always running into/bumping things so bumps and bruises are a constant for that guy! And Olive is too funny with reminding your mom the rules HA! Lawter is a backseat driver and likes to remind me it's not good to drive too fast and will tell me I'm going to fast when I'm not definitely not! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic month! How has it came and gone so quickly?!
    Speaking of flowers, I want to get some poinsettias for our porch this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like a busy wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Instead of no touching, I had luck telling my boys to touch with just one finger. They still get to explore but most of the time things didn't get picked up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad y'all had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.