Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Guilty Pleasures & Confessions

I have some random things to share with you today.  Favorites, confessions and silly stories.

Enjoy!


1. I confess that my current, favorite guilty pleasures are...
Shopping on Amazon
Mocha light iced coffee
Reading blogs
Getting ready all by myself in the morning
A quiet house at night after everyone goes to bed
DVRing shows like Southern Charm, Counting On and chick flicks
TJ Maxx
Anything Kate Spade
Thrifting
What do you love?

2. I can't handle when people insta story while DRIVING!!!  What in the world!?!  These sweet ladies are cruising down the road with kids in the car oftentimes and they're chatting away to their phone.  Not safe.  And it's not okay to say, Oh I'm going slow don't worry. or I'm just driving through a neighborhood, it's fine.  It's not.  Please don't drive and be on your phone.

3. I returned three dead plants to Wal-Mart this week and they acted like I was a weirdo.  They have a one year return policy so you better believe I'm returning those dead daisies.  I think something was wrong with them because everything else grew really well in that flower bed.  Do you ever return dead plants?

4. We were going through the Starbucks drive through the other day and the cashier had a prominent nose ring.  Olive could see it so when we pulled away she said, "I want one of those sparkly things in my nose!"

5.  Olive loves to take silly selfies with my phone.  Most of the time she asks to use my phone, but occasionally she will sneak and take pictures for me to find later.  I was putting her to bed the other night and she told me she had some surprise selfies for me to see.  As I was leaving her room, she said, "Will you please take a selfie of yourself and frame it for me so I can hang it in my room?" haha

6. We were shopping at Kohls and ran in for something quick.  Olive was being sweet and helpful as I looked for something for Fletcher.  She gets my attention and tells me to look at her.  I look over to see her with a PACI IN HER MOUTH!!  I about died and told her to spit it out immediately.  She was confused and I said that was someone else's paci!!  I told her it was germy and was gagging inside.  She shrugged it off and said, "Oh, I just thought it was for sale."  Yuck, yuck, yuck!!

7. I cried at the ending of Moana when she returns home to her parents.  I just love that movie!

8. I had a genius mom moment this week. Fletcher hasn't been sleeping great when we travel.  I don't require a ton of sleep, but his lack of sleep was stressing me.  So I packed one of his alphabet bed sheets that I have on his crib at home for our trip.  I put it on his packnplay when we arrived and he's sleeping like a CHAMPION!!  I'll be packing his sheets anytime we travel.

Tell me something funny that's happened to you lately!

It's time to link up with my favorite Tuesday Talk ladies!!
Join us with a post from this week.



14 comments:

  1. Oh my, that pacifier story...gross, but so funny! I totally agree about the Instastory driving...what are they thinking!? Amazon shopping (they make it too easy) and reading blogs are definitely some of my guilty pleasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you on the IG stories while driving. I hate it when people do that. I don't care how slow you are going or where you are it is NOT safe. How people think it's okay especially with their children in the back. Your lives are so much more important than a stupid story. Pull into a parking lot if you need to do it so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with blog reading being a guilty pleasure. I was telling someone the other day that I have scaled back on writing blog posts, but I would like to scale back on reading some... then I figured out that I really couldn't do that without cutting someone out and I hated the thought of that. People do IG stories WHILE driving? I've done one in the car and maybe at a stop light if I know it is REALLY long but down the road seems crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TJ Maxx, thrifting and Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just tell you that you handle the paci situation way better than I would have? I would have lost it. I'm so extreme about CJ putting things in his mouth. I usually take him to the restroom and wash out his mouth (sans soap).

    ReplyDelete
  6. That paci story is so funny. Oh my goodness, the things kids do and they have no idea! :)I can get sucked into Amazon so easily. And YES to the InstaStories. We have super strict laws in Washington with our phones so it always boggles my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know you could return dead plants at Wal-Mart! Keeping plants alive is definitely not my strong suit, so that's nice to know! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you returned your plants! I have never, but my parents have! Especially when they have been more expensive, like a bush!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that paci story vommmmmmm! OLIVE!

    I think the same thing about driving IG stories. I have made quite a few in my car, but 99% of the time I'm sitting in the Starbucks drive thru lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dying laughing at the paci story!!! hahaha I would die if my child did that! Too funny though! And yes, reading blogs is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm dying laughing at the plant story. (In a kind way) Did you dig it up and then take it back?
    I mean a year? That's amazing! I'm getting all my plants there because everything is already dead here. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a smart idea to use his crib sheet! I LOVE getting ready by myself in the morning and online shopping has a hold on me right now! Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that picture of you and Olive...you are SO pretty! And I am totally dying over the paci story!! HAHA! That is totally something one of my kids would do. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm all about holding stores to customer service policies and return things or request price adjustments frequently so LOVING your plant return story. Get it girl. And I tear up when Moana's mama helps her pack up to leave even though it must've been breaking her heart.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.