Monday, May 11, 2015

Weekending: Mother's Day Edition

I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  
The weather was nice in Mississippi and we packed in lots of fun.

FRIDAY
We had our end of the year MOPS Tea & Testimony
It was so sweet!!
The food and fellowship was wonderful.
 Olive has adored her teachers at church this year.
She's obsessed with Ms. June and Ms. Jean
so we were excited to give them cards and treats.
Olive was so proud to hand them to her teachers.
 Olive's teacher's helped her make this cupcake for me.
She was proud to give it to me and kept saying "Wuv you mama.  kay-cake. yummm"

SATURDAY
We worked in the yard,
 did some shoe shopping
 and got Italian take out for dinner.

 SUNDAY
I made polka-dot pancakes for us
and opened cards/gifts from Kevin & Olive.
He helped Olive write ugga mugga (Daniel Tiger's version of I love you) in her card.

 We delivered Mother's Day cards to our neighbors.
This is Olive's grumpy face when people didn't answer he knocks.

I figured Mother's Day was a great time to do mommy and me pedicures.  I picked up some new polish and painted our toes.  Olive sat perfectly still and was thrilled to have pink toes.  She kept saying, "I wike it.  Pitty.  Nails puh-wease."

 Kevin grilled for dinner and I whipped up a few sides.
It was delicious.

It was a wonderful weekend with this cutie.

 I also want to wish my Mom a happy Mother's Day!
She taught me how to be a great mama.

8 comments:

  1. Ahh, Whitney, what a great weekend! You are so loved by your sweet family.

    p.s. I wanna see a close up of that lavender top that you wore to the tea. I think I have a cream version that I've never worn because I can't figure out what to wear under it. Help! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a yummy weekend! You're such a sweet mommy, I'm glad you were able to celebrate and be celebrated. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all really did have a great weekend! I can just imagine Olive's little voice as she begs for the polish. Just too precious! Oh the joys of having a girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fabulous weekend, and that tea looks so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That grumpy face. Major cuteness. Glad you had a happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those water color plates are so cute, what a fun tea party! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Olive is a little sweetie! Thanks for linking up!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just such a sweet lady! You do such wonderful, thoughtful things for everyone around you! Glad to hear you received thoughtful memories too on Mother's Day!!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.