Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Kimono Love

Kimonos are everywhere again this summer and I just love them.

I love the floral ones, the patterned ones and the ones with fringe or pom poms.
I try on any that catch my eye, but it's not always easy to find one that fits well.
They are often either huge or too tight.
The only kimonos that I've decided aren't for me are the full length ones.
They just swallow me up.

I have purchased one or two from TJ Maxx/Marshalls,
but I'm having a hard time finding other stores that have a good selection.
I like to try them on first although I'm not opposed to on-line shopping.

I'd love to find a bright floral or a bold print to wear this summer.

Before I moved to the deep south, I'd wear a jean jacket over tanks and dresses in the summer.  
But, folks it's getting HOT 
and it's not even technically summer so I'm thinking kimonos might be a better summer layering option in this high Mississippi humidity.
What Collegiettes Around the World Are Wearing This Summer | Her Campus
Sooooo do you have any suggestions/recommendations for places to find cute kimonos??

Please and thank you :)

9 comments:

  1. Have you tried any boutiques or gift shops in your area? I work in a furniture/home decor/gift store and several of our vendors carry items like that. They are super cute - I haven't found one that looks good on me, but I love them on others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really liking the one in this picture. Floral is so in right now. I like how lightweight they are. They are great alternatives to a cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ASOS and Groopdealz. There are a few other bloggers who have them, and I'm pretty sure those sites are where they bought them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had good ideas for you. But I agree - it might be the perfect layering option for the summer. Why is it so hot already?? We went from a pretty cool Spring to August Summer in a week! I'm excited to see what you can find! That one in the picture is really pretty. Every time I see a kimono it usually has fringe (which isn't my thing) but this one is so pretty and flowy!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had good luck at Target and Dillard's. I agree, they are so fun! I'm still on the hunt for the perfect chiffon skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need tips and suggestions on where to find these also!! I am loving the kimono trend too for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently saw a link on Pinterest about making your own. I am not always a DIY girl when it comes to clothes but I don't think a Kimono would be that hard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of a kimono but I just haven't found the right one for me. I ordered the white one from the Lilly for Target collection, but it just wasn't for me:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them too! I recently bought one online from Vanity. They are decently priced. The one I got is lightweight so it would be perfect for those humid days. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.