Monday, May 4, 2015

Olive @ 22 Months

 
Olive's 2nd birthday is quickly approaching - May 29th will be here in no time.
It is amazing how much she changes every day.  She keeps us on our toes and we are always surprised at the new things she's able to do.  Here's what she was up to in April:

NEW WORDS SHE'S SAYING:
better
shobel = shovel
backet = basket
pecial = special
What you doin?
funny
fwowers = flowers
sad / he sad / she sad / I sad
Danel gone
button
mad
honk honk beep
Jean / June = her teachers Ms. Jean and Ms. June
Belle-belle = Maybelle and she always sways when she says it
jammis = jammies
ba-woon = balloon
pi-woah = pillow
Where are you?
Where'd it go?

Favorite songs: Jesus loves me, ABCs, twinkle twinkle, Skidamarink


WHAT SHE'S UP TO:
 She says CHEESE or NO depending on her mood when we take her picture.

Asks to sit in chairs instead of high chairs

She loves "ba-woons" and requests us buy her a balloon anytime she sees one.  Thankfully Kroger gives out free bawoons to cute kids :)

Olive's attachment to things is getting stronger.  She wants her bunny, blanket, pillow and paci and requests the whole list of things often.
 
She loves any playground.
 
Bath time is still her favorite.
 
She's starting to put her feelings into words.  When it's time to wrap up something she's enjoying, she will say "I sad :(" and slump her shoulders.  She's also pointing out when she thinks others are sad or mad.  I thank Daniel Tiger for this new skill.

Olive asks for bows in her hair.  We keep her bows downstairs and she asks for one first thing in the morning.  She also likes to try to put them in herself.

She loves talking to everyone when we are out and about running errands.  Unless she decides she doesn't like them.  She'll give a mean stink eye/scowl.

When I put her in a dress or in a tutu, she twirls and says PITTY = pretty :)

She twirls, stands on one foot, tries to hop and runs around.  She especially loves to do these things on command.

Throwing balls is her favorite hobby.  She likes to sneak attack and throw them in your direction without any warning.

She had her first pretend reading moment this month.  I found her flipping through a favorite book of hers and she was telling the characters goodnight just like the story does.  Guess she was really paying attention the hundreds of times we read it :)
 
FAVORITE SHOTS OF THE MONTH:








Just one more month until you turn TWO!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I bet that "I sad" breaks your heart. How cute! Olive has a really great vocabulary. Jack is just now getting to where he talks. He mostly talks in a language that I do not understand. I really am super excited to see the pictures from her birthday party. I just know it is going to be hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see Olive saying no for a photo, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still LOVE that playground dinosaur picture! So funny! Her facial expression/body language is just too funny. And I couldn't help but read through her list and sing several Daniel Tiger songs. The honk honk beep reminded me of a song they sing about cars and trucks. Totally stuck in my head now! HAHA! What a sweet girl you have!!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that black and white picture of her reading is so cute and the one of her speaking "dinosaur" made me laugh out loud. She is so cute and it's crazy how fast little ones grow up, it must be really cool to see her changing everyday! Hope y'all are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.