Friday, December 19, 2014

The Highlights

I cannot believe that Christmas is NEXT week!!  I found myself wishing there were still a few weeks until Christmas so we could enjoy the treats, carols, lights and gatherings with family and friends just a little longer.  Alas, I have no clue how to slow down time so I'm just going to try to slow down my schedule a bit for the coming week and enjoy e.v.e.r.y. moment.

The best parts of my week were...

1. I got all of our presents wrapped and ready to give.  I LOVED the way our foot print Christmas tree gift tags looked on each gift.  I hope everyone loves them as much as I do!!

2. Baking tons of treats and goodies with Olive.
She was eager to help and we had a great time together.
We did sugar cookies for our neighbors and gingerbread people just for fun.

3. I planned a little North Pole breakfast one morning.
My daughter clapped when she saw her plate.
I'll take that as the highest toddler compliment.

4. We did our Christmas early this year so we didn't have to haul gifts home.  It was simple and sweet and everyone LOVED their gifts!!

5. Lastly, and most importantly, Olive had a great visit with her Burn Center doctors this week.  Her hand is healing perfectly and she will NOT have to have any other procedures done!!!  The staff was so sweet to her and even wrapped up her bunny's hand to match hers.  It was adorable and meant a lot to me for them to go the extra mile with her.

I guest blogged over at Mississippi Women Bloggers this week

Hope you have a great weekend!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

6 comments:

  1. You remind me so much of my mom (which is a huge compliment). She stayed home with us and always made things crafty and special as you do for Olive. I guarantee Olive will grow up with a love for home and a desire to give her family the same experience she had! Those gift tags are adorable and so much cuter than the stick-on ones! Enjoy your last few days of Christmas - I feel the same way, wish we could just slow down the time and enjoy it more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tags are just adorable. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad everything is ok with your daughter!!! Love the tags you made :) found you on line link up
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest gift tags ever! And I cannot get over the snowman plate of food. I clapped also. That's the best food shape I have seen. It's an entire scene! Impressed!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.