Saturday, August 11, 2012

Ribeyes

My husband and I love to grill ribeyes.
Since it's been HOT this summer,
this recipe from offthemeathook seemed very enticing.

For this recipe, you'll need:
coarse salt
pepper
Ribeyes

We bought thin cut ribeyes.

Let them sit out for one hour with salt on both sides.
 They will look like this:

 Rinse off all salt and dry meat with a paper towel.

 Preheat your pan as hot as you can get it.
Sear the fatty edge.
 Add a little pepper to each side and continue cooking.
 Cooke for 10-15 minutes, remembering to flip.
If your meat starts looking dry, the recipe calls for adding a little butter to your skillet.
I didn't need to do this step.
 After 10-15 minutes.
Let meat stand in pan for 10 minutes.
 Plate and serve.

These had a really good flavor.

Tips:
The next time I'd cut the salt down b/c you don't need as much as the recipe says.
I like my meat WELL DONE so I'd go for 15-20 minutes.

I think this recipe will get more use when grilling season is over
and cooking indoors is more enticing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.