Monday, August 13, 2012

Paying Bills

It's my job to pay the bills at our house.
We have a joint bank account so it's not too difficult.
For many years, I wrote checks and mailed them in but 
then I realized how much I was spending on postage and checks each year.
Too much!!
So I made the switch to on-line bill pay for the majority of my bills.

Sounded easy enough but I ran into some troubles.
It was hard to keep track of money being taken out of my account
and making sure that the bills were being paid was a daunting task
because I had to log in to each place so it was a pain!

I was annoyed but not ready to give up the system just yet.
I set up my on-line banking profile so that I could check my account from home
and then I created a chart listing all of my bills for the month.

These two things are key to successfully paying your bills on-line.
I no longer had to wonder about each bill and hope it went through.
I could check on-line, watch for an e-mail with my bill and could mark it paid.

I still have a few bills that I pay through snail mail
but my utilities, car payments, etc. can all be taken out each month.

Here is my bill pay chart that has helped me to stay sane:
 I just made a table in Word and update the months when I need a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.