Friday, September 30, 2011

Charmed

I l.o.v.e. charm bracelets.
My grandma gave me this silver charm bracelet when I was in grade school.  I started collecting charms and continued to collect all through high school.  My mom surprised me and had all of the charms put on the bracelet.  Each one was purchased for a specific reason and has special meaning.  I really enjoy wearing it!  I have 28 charms and should probably keep my eyes peeled for a new one every now and then.
My 2nd charm bracelet was a very thoughtful gift from my first class.  I was a BRAND NEW teacher and my room moms orchestrated this surprise for me during Teacher Appreciation Week 2005.  Each child brought in a donation, the room moms met secretly met with each student, and then they shopped to find a charm that would represent them for my bracelet.
The room moms had each of the kids write up why they choose their charm.  I have everything from a stapler, to a key, to a crown, and even a coo coo clock.  I still have the book that they put together and I adore this bracelet filled with memories of the first set of 28 students.
My newest charm bracelet was started by my brother.  He came to visit me in Utah a few years ago and his parting gift was starting me a Brighton charm bracelet.  I started with a bracelet, a football and a clover.  I've filled my Notre Dame themed bracelet with 23 beads with the help of my brother, my mom and my own purchases! 
It's the perfect game day accessory and has made many trips to Southbend, IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.