Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Treats

Smoothie: 2 ripe bananas, handful of fresh strawberries, frozen peaches, blueberries and raspberries.  Blend (my $13 blender does a great job!)  Eat your heart out Jamba Juice.
 I was inspired to make these cupcakes by this link blueberry-lemon cupcakes.  I followed most of the recipe but only used one lemon and one small container of blueberries.  I also added more confectioners sugar to the icing recipe.  I'd suggest juicing your lemon in a small glass instead of directly into the mixer so you avoid having to fish lemon seeds out of the cake batter.  Not that I know anything about that...  I also thought they were best right out of the oven when they had slightly cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.