Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Kindergarten Chronicles

I have been teaching kindergarten now for one whole quarter of the year and I've learned so much.  I have had two kindergarteners of my own and Leo is just a little younger than kindergarten, but this is my first time teaching kindergarten.

I'm going to share some funny stories regularly and call them Kindergarten Chronicles.


- One little boy brought me a rose and said - Don't worry!  I had my mom take off all of the thorns for you!"

- I was talking to a student and asked him the name of his teacher last year.  He thought for a moment and said, I think her name was Mrs. Hamburger or something like that.

- We were talking about birthdays and ages and one kid said I bet you're getting close to 100.  Not quite.

- The school counselor was doing an activity with us where the kids had to practice giving compliments to their classmates.  They went around the circle and we were getting to the end.  One of the last little boys to go said that he had a compliment for his teacher.  He said "Mrs Jordan you are my favorite and I wish I could take you home with me!"

- A little girl came up to me and asked if my cheeks got sunburnt over the weekend.  I looked at her confused and then I realized she thought my blush was a sunburn.

- One student had a new baby brother.  She was going to visit him after school and said, How about you just come hop in my car and head to the hospital to meet him with me?

- I got to bond with one of my students when I realized that we both have the middle name of Layne.

-Mrs. Jordan, you're so fun.  Can you come to my birthday party?



After teaching kindergarten for one whole quarter of the year, I can absolutely say that kindergarteners are the sweetest, funniest, neediest little people.  I'm thankful to just have 22 kids with a full time assistant.  They keep two adults on their toes all day long.

2 comments:

  1. Awww. I bet you are just the best teacher!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun!!! One of my fave quotes from one of my kindergartners was when after waiting and waiting for a group of wiggly students to get into a straight line to go to recess I said in an exasperated tone, “ok, everyone out to the playground!” One little girl said, “you sound just like my mom!” HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.