Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Naples // Ocean Days

Our 2020 trip to Naples was different than our normal visits, but it was still wonderful.

We drove down 18+ hours each way instead of flying,
packed meals/snacks/drinks to eat in the van,
limited our stops,
extra hand washing and sanitizing,
drove through the night to avoid a hotel stay,
got take out during the trip,
cooked meals at home
and skipped out on the crowded things we normally do. 

We were able to keep our distance, stay healthy and stay safe while still having fun. I'd encourage you to edit your summer travel to still make fun memories with your family.

We went to the ocean four times and each time was really nice.  Everyone was spread out at the beach so we all had plenty of room to relax and enjoy ourselves.


Jordan Party of 5 //

Leo's 1st trip to the ocean!  It was tricky to keep him cool, but he sure was adorable in his trunks!  We kept him in the shade, out of the ocean water and he just relaxed in the ocean breeze.


My best shell hunting girl.

Poor Fletch has had a rough Summer of injuries.  He was walking out of the ocean on our first day and he sliced the bottom of his foot open badly.  It bled and bled.  Luckily, we were in our own vehicle so I ran to get our first aid kit.  We got him cleaned up and he was smiling before too long.  He sat in this chair and built a sand castle after that.

A dolphin swam right by us!!  We have never had this happen in all of our trips to the ocean.  It was SO COOL!!




Fletcher loved chasing birds.




I always appreciate this guy working so hard to set up our beach camp.  He finds us great parking, scopes out the best spot, hauls all of our stuff, sets up umbrellas, chairs and all of our gear to give the kids maximum shade to play in.  I keep an eye on the kids and get them situated.  Teamwork!

The kids always love digging, hauling water and building sand castles.

The water was extra gorgeous!!


All 5 of us in this picture.  Leo loved hanging out with me and Kevin was taking of the big kids in the background.


 Fun with my in laws!  The kid's life jackets from Academy worked out great!

Trying to keep this guy COOL.




This picture cracks me up.  We decided clothes were cooler than swim clothes.  But this day he was HOT.  We stripped him down and he was not amused.  We kept our visits to the ocean short and sweet so that no one got too sunburned or too hot.

Love this crew!

The beaches in Naples are the prettiest I've ever been to in the US.  We'd highly recommend them!

3 comments:

  1. I went to Naples on a girls' trip in my 20's and agree it's a beautiful beach. Leo looks like a little man sitting in his beach chair. Poor F with all the injuries this summer! Looks like a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your family. Seriously- you and Kevin are such goals!!! The beach looks so so amazing!!! And I can’t get over Leo’s little chubby tummy in the beach chair!!!💛

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so glad y’all were still able to go, even if it was different. I love that picture of you five! SO cute. And that swimsuit!! Where from? I can barely handle that sweet baby in those swim trunks. Too precious! Poor Fletch! That sounds painful. He’s such a trooper! You got the best pictures of your family on this trip.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.