Monday, July 20, 2020

8 Simple Dinner Ideas

I have been having fun in the kitchen this Summer.  We're trying new things and I'm enjoying meal planning.  I don't have tons of time for prep, cooking and clean up so all of these meals come together quickly and are family favorites.  Hopefully you'll find some ideas for your own family.

1. We tried something new this month - Potstickers!

I picked up a bag of the Tai Pei Chicken & Veggie Potstickers on a whim in my recent Walmart grocery pick up.  It was $10 for a giant bag that was easily two dinners for us.  I sauteed carrots, onions and sweet peppers, made rice and edamame.  The potstickers came with a dipping sauce similar to hoisin sauce and we added soy sauce.  This meal was delicious!  And it was great leftover.

2. Charcuterie boards are always a fun meal option. 
I kept this one pretty simple.  It's a great meal on HOT days.


3. LOTS of grilling - Brats & Burgers.
Kevin grills and I fix all the sides.  Boxed mac & cheese is a popular one along with fresh fruit.  We've been doing Bacon Burgers for a fun twist on the usual burger.



 4. Taco Night.
We had ground beef quesadillas one night and the mini chicken tacos from Sams for lunches and dinner.  They're great when you spice them up with lots of fun toppings.



5. Chicken Fried Rice
I picked this up from Sams.  We all love this from the frozen food section and I love adding more chicken, carrots, onions, scrambled eggs and edamame to beef it up a bit.  It's so good adn so much cheaper than take out. 


6. BIG salads have been on the menu a lot.
I try to have a salad most days for lunch and then sometimes we'll do a side salad with dinner.  I usually eat the same salad over and over for easy lunches.  That way I don't have to pick out what I eat each day.  Just decide once and repeat the salad over and over.


7. Keilbasa sausage & veggies
My family loves those Keilbasa sausages.  They're really affordable and easy to prep ahead.  On nights we are busy or when I know we'll be getting home at dinner time, I'll chop, sautee veggies and grill the sausage ahead of time.  Then we can all just reheat a plate for dinner.


8. Breakfast for Dinner
Our favorite combo - waffles, bacon, scrambled eggs and fruit.  Always a hit.  I keep the ingredients on hand to have this meal ready to go anytime.  We all love it. 



What's for dinner at your house tonight?

3 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I love those sausages for quick meals, too. Quesadillas are one of my favorites - they're a fun twist on taco night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT all looks so YUMMY!! We have been grilling a lot this summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these meal ideas! Thanks for so many affordable and easy to make meals. Beef quesadillas and pot stickers are going on next week's menu!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.