Friday, July 17, 2020

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  I'm excited to have a weekend with ZERO plans, traveling or anything we have to get done.  We are just going to relax and see what sounds like fun when the time comes.

I have been trying to catch up on appointments, well checks and things we missed out on this Spring.  We've also been swimming, playing and crafting.  Stay tuned for a post next week with all of our favorite crafts.

We wrapped up Kevin's birthday celebration.  I made his grandma's 3 layer buttermilk cake.  I only make it once a year and it always feels like an accomplishment to make him his FAVORITE cake.  Desserts taste better on pretty plates!


Kevin took the kids firework shopping because when you have a birthday close to July 4th, fireworks are your FAVORITE.  Every year we talk about a firework budget and every year he ignores it.  hahaha.  It's definitely a highlight of his Summer every year.

We went on a quick road trip to visit family last weekend and this new floral tee from GAP is my favorite!

My kids are LOVING when I cut their food into fun shapes.  We're sticking with a patriotic theme for all of July.  And maybe the rest of 2020.  We need to spread some extra love for the USA :)

This darling green sleeper is my FAVORITE item in Leo's wardrobe right now.  It's so soft and sweet.  He's growing like crazy which means I'm making sure he wears this as much as possible.

Fletcher asks to hold Leo often.  It's my FAVORITE to see them together.

 Lightning bugs are our FAVORITE.  We let the kids stay up late and catch them in their pjs.


My flowers are my FAVORITE!!  Most of our gardens are looking so happy and healthy.  I've had the hardest time growing cone flowers and getting them to come back the following year.  Not this year!  They seem so happy in their spot.

These are the prettiest porch pots I've put together in the 4 years we've lived here.  I think I found the perfect combo of colors and plants that love FULL sun.

My shade loving Impatiens are SO HAPPY on my deck.  Look at this pretty color combo.

I tried 3 new plants with my beloved sweet potato vine and they all look great!!

 Grandbaby #10.  Leo loved chatting and snuggling with Mimi & Papaw. 

We got to go over to my sister's house to play.  Leo was chatty and we had a blast.

Aunt Haley made us their FAVORITE treat - snow cones!  We sampled all the flavors, crafted and played.  These cute cousins had fun together.


I don't think my kids had ever jumped on a trampoline before and they had a blast.  It's a new FAVORITE.

Kevin was working on the go and the look on Leo's face cracks me up!!  He's such a ham.

We got to celebrate cousin birthdays E & H with slime, pinatas and pizza.  So much fun!

Addison is the sweetest cousin!  She's growing up so fast and such a good big cousin.

My sis :)

It was fun to get to see my brother's new house.  Leo wasn't sure about his beard - ha!


Now that was a fun week!  We loved getting to see family.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Linking up with Momfessionals

4 comments:

  1. Yay for a fun week AND for a no plans weekend - I'm a fan of both! :) Leo is just the cutest! I'm so glad you've been able to introduce him to your family. That's a privilege we didn't know we'd be cherishing! And definitely agree about celebrating the USA. We need more of that! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Whitney, this post just made me SMILE! And also now I want that cake! 😋

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That patriotic plate is adorable! I'm glad you got to spend time with your family.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.