Monday, July 6, 2020

July 4th Weekending

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a wonderful July 4th celebrating the U-S-A!  I know many events looked different this year thanks to COVID, but I'm hoping you still found ways to edit your holiday traditions to make them work.

We grilled out, swam, spent a lot of time outside, saw fireworks and saw some friends.

No one has questioned us, but in case you're wondering how we're handling Summer...  We are not cancelling our summer; just editing it.  We're navigating life this summer by limiting our exposure to crowds, not taking the kids to stores or most restaurants, seeing the same friends over and over and going to events that are outdoors where we are able to socially distance while still having a great time.  Our country club has done an outstanding job keeping everyone healthy and still engaged in Summer fun.

It was Leo's first 4th of July and he couldn't have loved it more.  He swam with us, relaxed with us, snoozed through dinner and actually enjoyed the firework show.  I came prepared with head phones for him, a plan to watch fireworks in the clubhouse or the car and he just wanted to enjoy the show with us.  He is a dream baby!
 




It was HOT in the 90s in Indiana and the clouds were beautiful!




Red, white and blue food was on the menu all weekend.



 Lots of summing.

We swam a few different times this weekend.  On the 4th, Kevin played in a golf tournament while we swam and then we headed back to the club for dinner and fireworks.



And just so you know, for every posed/sweet picture you see of my kids, there are 50 others on my camera roll that are nuts.  Usually Fletcher and always something like this with dancing, head locks and silly faces.




 Happy Summer!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend! I'm so glad you're able to enjoy the summer, even thought it's different than usual. Love everyone's patriotic outfits and the red, white and blue food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun weekend! Your kiddos are so cute. Leo is a dream baby, fireworks...wow!! Also, you look beautiful, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun festive weekend!!!! I love that your club is making it possible to still have fun and be social. Your kiddos are precious and I feel you on the 100 pictures that you take to get just ONE where they are all kind of looking and smiling at the camera! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad y'all are making the most of your summer. I love the pic of the 3 kids in the grass. And even with teens, there is usually one good picture for every 10 taken. I almost always find that it's the first or last picture taken for some reason. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I'm so jealous (in a good way) about your country club being so awesome. I love the outtakes of the kids pictures - those are always so fun to look back on and see their silly personalities shining through. Our summer is edited way down this year too. being immune compromised this year with a pandemic has really limited what we are willing to do. We haven't seen anyone except my parents, doctors, and nurses in months :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Olive's face in the photo where Fletcher is dancing, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.