Friday, April 12, 2019

Fri-YAY!!

Yay!  It's Friday!  Hope you've had a nice week.  Ours was BUSY.

The calendar was packed with a little bit of everything - appointments, play dates, volunteering, delivering dinners to friends, errands, projects, sunshine and more.  But the best part of the week was a BIG milestone for Fletcher: He is potty trained!!!  Hooray!!  We're so proud of him.

Let's get started on all the highlights of the week:

1. Date Night
We haven't been on a date night in months.  We rescheduled this one 3 times before it happened.  Honestly, it adds up quickly when you pay for a sitter, pay for dinner, etc.  So it is a treat when it happens!  So all that to say, we were really looking forward to it!  We had a dinner gift card to one of the nicest restaurants in town, made a reservation and were excited about it all week.  The food is amazing and it was nice to have some adult conversation.


Kevin always likes to try out their drink specials.  He tried this new old fashioned drink and an orange mule type drink.  He said both were delicious.

We split this crab cake appetizer and it was amazing!  I really need to learn how to make an amazing crab cake.  Makes me excited to head to the ocean this summer.

This salad is one of my favorite things ever.

I ordered spaghetti and meatballs.  So good!

2. Best Buds
Olive and Fletcher are so funny together.  They love each other hard.  They play nicely about 90% of the time.  They're always up to something silly.  I asked them to pose for a pre church picture and this is what I got.  ha!  The other 10% of the time they're wrestling, sitting on each other and fighting over some toy.

3. Leather earrings
My #1 favorite accessory right now = earrings.  I just love them.  They're so easy to wear everywhere and my favorite shop ADV Designs on etsy had a huge sale this week.  I stocked upon a few new pairs for myself and some to give as gifts.

4. Aldi Haul
I shared lots of great finds from my Aldi trip this week on IG stories.  Did you see it? @polkadottyplace.  This rug was really tempting!!  I'm always amazed at the low prices and great selection I find there.  The only thing I couldn't find this trip was toothpicks.  They don't sell them!

5. Hello!
Mr Raccoon was getting into all kinds of stuff this week.  Our trash.  Cat food.  Bird feeders.  He's adorable, but pesky.  So we moved the food indoors at night and haven't seen him since.

6. Kid Yoga
My friend is teaching several kid yoga classes this Spring.  Fletcher went on Tuesday and Olive is going tomorrow.  She LOVES yoga and can't wait for her class.  Fletcher had to be talked into participating a little bit more, but it was cute to watch.


7. SPRING
It is just gorgeous in my neighborhood this time of year.  I love these big pink trees.  They smell good and I'd love to plant one someday.


8. Sunshine
The sunshine has been good for all of us!  We're playing outside every afternoon, going on walks, exercising and getting some fresh air.  Everyone is sleeping great and thankful for the extra daylight.


9. School Lunches
I've seen lots of moms saying that they're struggling to get motivated to pack school lunches for the last part of the school year.  So I'll be trying to share lots of lunch ideas to change things up.  I really enjoy packing lunches - it's my hug from home to Olive in the middle of her school day.  She loves taking her lunch.

Breakfast for Lunch.
We had this for dinner the night before and ended up with leftovers.  I packed all her favorites from dinner in her lunch.  She thought it was so fun!

Tacos for Lunch.
We had tacos for dinner and I packed her lunch with the leftovers.  Super easy way to avoid wasting food.  I brown my taco meat really chunky so that it's easier for little hands to pick up. 

10. Easter
We're getting excited for Easter with egg hunts coming up and I really need to get busy planning my Easter lunch menu.  I posted some cute Easter pictures of the kids earlier in the week.  We're all wearing pink and blue this year.

In case you missed it on Polka-Dotty Place:
Monday: Boy & Girl Easter Baskets for Under $30
Tuesday: Lemon Yellow Everywhere
Wednesday: Easter Cuties

It's time to link up with my favorite blogging buddies for High Five for Friday.  Join us with a few different blog posts and be sure to look around to find some new blog friends

Becky @  By BMG Blog
Della @ Della Devoted
Tif @ Bright on a Budget
Whitney P @ Come Home for Comfort

6 comments:

  1. My husband and I are overdue for a date night too; it's so much easier when you don't have to pay for sitters but this is his super busy season and he's working so many crazy hours that when he's not working he's sleeping. That food looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED to buy some of those earrings!!! Your date night looks like such a lovely time. You've inspired me to check out Aldi - I'll make a special trip today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that crab cake looks delicious. Any time you can see the big chunks of crab meat sticking out, you know it's a winner. Great Aldi finds. That raccoon looks like he's begging for food at your window. That's brave for him to prowl around in the day. Ours only seem to come out in the middle of the night. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I debated between that doormat and the spring bicycle one at Aldi this week before caving on the bike one- it's so cute and i decided had a bit more seasonal staying power than the umbrellas (also adorable though!)! The kids look great in their Easter gear! I was on the ball last year (we did pink and blue last year! ha) and have some options for both this year, now to see who fits into what and what looks good together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I snagged some earrings when the sale was live! I grabbed 5 pair. I'll share with you what I got once I am back on social media.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for a date night! Your tree is so beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.