Monday, April 8, 2019

Boy and Girl Easter Baskets for Under $30

Do you look forward to putting together Easter baskets for your kids?

What are your traditions for Easter basket fillers?

We grew up getting a new outfit, little toy and Easter candy.

I am ahead of the game this year with Easter being so late.  Both kids Easter baskets are DONE!  I love that Easter is later and the weather will be warmer.  Plus, it's nice to spread out the holidays a bit.

It's exciting to share my Easter basket ideas with you for kids under the age of 6.  I found a mix of fun, edible, useful and educational things for under $30.  I think my kids are going to love the variety of things I've found.

I did very similar baskets for each child.  I picked things up at Dollar Tree, Dollar Spot, TJ Maxx and got some stuff for free

Fletcher's BOY Easter Basket (age 3):
Educational:
Books - Scholastic and Target

Practical:
Baseball hat - I found these for $ on clearance at Walmart last week.  They're adjustable and really cute!  Plaid for Fletcher and floral for Olive.
Toothbrushes (I still need to get one for Fletcher)
Sunnies, bunny ears, bow ties - Target Dollar Spot
Play Doh Scissors - Amazon
Play Doh Chick set - TJ Maxx

Edible & Fun:
Peter Rabbit beanie babies - a gift
Nerd Egg tin, Bunny Rabbit ball shooter, cotton candy - Dollar Tree
Whoopie Cushion - Meijer - bc my kids think these are HILARIOUS

Treat Bags:
I bought these reusable cloth treat bags for both kids!  I'll be filling them with some of their favorite Easter candies/treats.  I hope these hold up well enough to use them for a few years.
Blue bunny - Target $1
Carrot - Walmart $1.98
Pink bunny - Dollar Tree 4 for $1

Olive's GIRL Easter Basket (age almost 6):
I added a sweet ceramic bunny to Olive's basket for her fairy garden.  Everything else matches up with Fletcher's Easter basket.

Please leave me a comment and tell me some things you're putting in your kid's Easter baskets this year.  I'd also love to know your favorite fillers for Easter eggs!

5 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss the days of the cute Easter basket items! What cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my kids were your kids ages, I always loved adding the little critter cages/bug catchers and little tools for digging in the dirt. As they got bigger, beach towels and summer fun stuff always seemed to be easy....especially in a year when Easter falls late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such cute Easter baskets, very similar to what I would have done when the kids were little. This year I think they will get a small basket with some candy and maybe a gift card! I usually like to do summer supplies, but we are pretty well stocked this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hats! I usually do a spring outfit or t-shirt in the boys' baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a signed copy of that Jo book. I went to her Waco book launch at Magnolia in March. BEST EXPERIENCE EVER.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.