Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Strawberry Picking 2018

I took the kids strawberry picking at a local place last week. 

We had the best time.  We went to Ditzler Orchard in Rosedale, IN.

I was a little bit nervous because last year Fletcher did not enjoy strawberry picking.  He cried nearly the whole time, it was very hot, he hated the loud tractor and the straw lined fields.  Olive adored it so back we went with high hopes.  This year the weather was cooler and I figured he'd enjoy sampling as he picked.  I was right.  We all enjoyed ourselves.

We pulled up and had the place to ourselves since it was early morning.  The sweet farmers offered to give us a tractor ride or a golf cart ride out to the strawberry fields.  Olive said tractor and Fletcher had a meltdown when we got near the loud ride.  So golf cart won out.  We were dropped off in the fields with our baskets in hand.

I can't tell you how amazing a field of FRESH STRAWBERRIES smells.  It was heaven!!  The air smelled like Summer for sure.  We were just walking around smiling.

We picked a row to get started on.  I gave a little strawberry picking pep talk and we got busy.

Fletcher ate every single berry he picked.  Strawberry savage.

Olive very carefully picked until all of our baskets were full.  She didn't want to sample our berries until we got home.

It came time to go and we headed towards the tractor.  I promised Olive we could tractor back to the stand since she'd been so excited to ride.  Fletcher was terrified.  Insert super kind farmer again.  He called his wife to bring the golf cart for us and asked if Olive was okay with a solo tractor ride back.  She didn't hesitate (later told me she told herself to be really brave) and we met back at the strawberry stand. 

It was so much fun!!

I didn't grow up going strawberry picking, but I'm so glad to have started this tradition with my own kids every June.  This cute orchard has blueberries, cherries, apples and pumpkins.  We'll be back to try our hand at picking all of those this year.


















Strawberry Picking 2017
It's always amazing how much things change from year to year :)

It's time to link up with my favorite Welcome Wednesday Ladies.
Be sure to join us with some fun posts from your week.



2 comments:

  1. What a FUN, special adventure!!! I am so glad Fletcher had a better time this year and way to go Olive on going on a solo tractor ride! You are such an awesome mom Whitney!! I love reading about all the fun things you do with your kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute! And how much fun! Thanks for sharing your family fun with us!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.