Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Mongolian Beef & Veggies

I've been looking for ways to incorporate more vegetables into my menu every week.  Our meals are getting more colorful and delicious.  We've been grilling, making salads, stir fry recipes and trying to eat healthier.

I have a DELICIOUS recipe to share with you today.  This Mongolian Beef & Veggies was the best dinner I've made in a while.  The sauce is a little more flavorful than regular BBQ sauce, but not spicy.  I will definitely be making this again.

It was very easy to pull together.  I wish there would have been enough for leftovers, but we basically licked all of the pans clean.


Mongolian Beef & Veggies Ingredients
for 2 people

1 lb ground beef (could easily swap for ground turkey)
1/3 jar PF Changs Monogolian Style BBQ Sauce
1/4 c water
1 bag of Boil in a Bag white rice
All the veggies!!  I did a small handful of each veggie.
Carrots
Edamame
Yellow and Purple onions
Sweet Peppers
Celery
Green Beans
Olive oil
Soy Sauce

Directions:
Chop all the veggies.  Saute with olive oil and soy sauce until they get some good color on them.  Boil the rice as directed.  Drain.

Brown the meat.  Drain.  Add in water and Mongolian BBQ sauce.  Stir and let simmer.  Serve!

Disclaimer: I didn't serve this to my kids.  I made a yummy dinner for us and they ate some of their favorite things for dinner.  We all enjoyed dinner and that's the important part.  I'm also not a very adventurous eater.  Kevin picked this sauce up at the store one day because he thought it sounded fun to try.  He was right.  It was really tasty, but I never would have picked it up on my own.


It's time to link up with my favorite Welcome Wednesday ladies!
Be sure to join us with some fun posts from the week.



3 comments:

  1. That looks SO good!! I’ve never seen that sauce before - I’ll have to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the veggies you are incorporating. How is your foot doing???

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! Even better than takeout! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.