Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Local Eats

We've been trying new, local restaurants in Mississippi
so I thought I'd share them with you in case you're ever in the neighborhood.

Thai Tasty
Great take out options


4th Down Pizza
We got a groupon to try here and it was pretty tasty
They had live music and Olive couldn't take her eyes off of them :)

Nagyoa
Great hibachi and great take out
We used groupons to try this place and I have loved everything.  Ithink I preferred the Chicken Yakasoba over the hibachi, but they were both tasty.  Kevin says their sushi is delicious!!  The staff is SUPER friendly and are adorable with Olive every time we go - the hostess playing peek-a-boo across the restaurant and the sushi roll makers waving/making funny faces at Olive.

McAlisters
 I ate at McCallisters with my parents and it was good.  Their sandwiches were tasty and so were their giant rice krispie treats!!

Primos
A great lunch spot with tons of classic food.
We got burgers and they were tasty.
Be sure to upgrade to sweet potato fries and add some toppings to your burger.

Hunan Wok
Delicious chinese take out in Ridgeland.
It's always ready in less than 20 minutes, everything we've had is great (Garlic Chicken, General Tso's Chicken, Mongolian Beef and Hunan Chicken).
Their Cheese Won Ton appetizers are soooo good.
I never remember to take a picture of our food because we dive right in!!

Kevin tried The Cherokee Inn and said they have delicious fried pickles.
He also ate at Hal & Mals and liked their burgers.
He mentioned that they both had delicious fried pickles and that just doesn't sound appealing to me.  I like pickles on burgers, but I don't know about fried pickles.

Do you have any Mississippi restaurants to recommend for me??
We have a list of ones we'd still like to try :)

2 comments:

  1. I love McAlisters - they have really good sweet tea. Of course I always order my tea 1/2 sweet, 1/2 unsweet because I'd rather not drink a cup of sugar with my meal. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I wish I had a McAlister's sandwich right now. They have the best tea. Oh I also like their cake. It's great that y'all have food options. It is sad what we have in our small town. We have 7 places you can eat.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.