Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Eats

We ate some fun food this weekend.
I love fixing holiday themed food so I really enjoyed all of this.

I made Olive a fun Easter themed lunch or "wunch" as she calls it.
She loved it and had fun eating her favorite foods.

 I fully intended to make some Bunny Pasta for lunch this weekend, but never got around to it.  We'll have it this week and I think Olive will love the bunny shaped pasta.

 We made Resurrection Rolls for breakfast.
My mom used to make these for us all throughout the year and called them Magic Marshmallow Crescent Puffs.  SO this is a delicious treat to make anytime really :)
 1 can of crescent rolls
cinnamon and sugar
1/2 stick melted butter
8 big marshmallows
icing

Roll the marshmallow in butter.
Roll it in the cinnamon and sugar.
Wrap it up in the crescent rolls sealing it well.
Brush with butter and sprinkle any left over cinnamon sugar mix.
Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
Drizzle icing on top and serve.

Theses are perfect for retelling the Easter story of Jesus to little kids.
Jesus is the white marshmallow, he died on the cross and was buried in the tomb (crescent roll) and then he rose three days later and the tomb was empty.  The marshmallow melts completely.  Olive got a very basic version of the Easter story this year, but I think this will be fun to do with her over the years as she gets older and can fully understand the story.


Olive asked to go to bed early on Saturday night so Kevin and I dyed our eggs alone.  We each did twelve and are looking forward to deviled eggs and eggs on our salad all week.

 Kevin requested strawberry pie so I had to make it festive with all the bunnies.
It was tasty!!


 I think I've figured out the secret to happy holiday gatherings... don't put pressure on yourself to cook every single things.  We picked donuts up for breakfast so I didn't have to cook.  They were delicious and easy.  I also bought croissants instead of making bread.  Worked perfectly and cut down my time in the kitchen.

And that's a wrap for Easter 2015

6 comments:

  1. All this looks so fabulous! Olive's lunch in the egg carton is adorable. I've always wanted to make resurrection rolls - maybe next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of resurrection rolls but I have pinned it now. I wonder if you could take an uncooked cinnamon roll and flatten it out to wrap in the marshmallow? I only think of this because it would come with icing and I wouldn't have to make any. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those all look so awesome! I love the idea of the resurrection rolls - and I am IN LOVE with the pie crust bunnies! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Great advice on not cooking every single thing - I totally agree. Your deviled eggs look so pretty all piped in the shells! Paul eats them so fast that I can barely scoop the filling into the whites before they're gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Olive's lunch idea, that is so creative! And those resurrection rolls looks ah-mazing, that's such a great way to explain the reason behind Easter to the little ones.

    I think you're totally right about not putting pressure on yourself to cook up a big meal for the holidays, it's more important to spend time with the people you're cooking for than making some big gourmet meal. Glad y'all had a great Easter, hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many sweet ideas for Easter! Love the little lunch in the egg carton - how cool! And Elizabeth definitely got the basics of Easter. It was such fun watching things clicking for her as the days and weeks went by. Hope you're having a great week!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.