Monday, December 5, 2011

DIY Gingerbread House

 We enjoy making gingerbread houses each December.
We had always purchased gingerbread house kits in the past.
Last year, I decided to learn how to make a homemade one.
 I start saving candy around October 
so that we will have plenty to decorate with come December.
 I found a recipe that came with templates.
Baked it and voila!
 Made some royal icing and starting building.
 The roof.
 The front of the house.

 I was SO pleased with house this turned out.
I'm excited to give it a try again this year.
Stay tuned for our 2011 gingerbread house.

2 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to do one of those, but I think a sticky finger little boy would pick it apart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed that you baked your own gingerbread pieces. It looks fun and full of sugar!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.