Friday, November 3, 2023

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, friends!  I hope you've had a nice week.  Happy November.  I just love this time of year - the cooler temps, the festivities and my birthday is this month.  What's not to love!?

Did you catch my blog posts this week?

Muffin Tin Meals - perfect for kids!

Halloween Coffee Chat - I loved the comments!

Halloween 2023


Now onto my favorites from the week:

1. Trick or Treat

We had the best time bundling up and trick or treating our neighborhood.  It was cold - in the 30s and windy so everyone had on all the layers we could manage.  Leo ran from house to house doing his best to keep up with the big kids.  They all got tons of candies and treats.  It seemed like all of our neighbors were out and about so it was a really fun night.






2. T-Rex Goes to College
We surprised Kevin and showed up to his office with a T-Rex.  Leo roared around campus and got some candy.  It wasn't all that long ago that I was taking pirate Olive to visit Kevin at work.



3. Pumpkin Carving
The big kids need less and less help every year.  Leo agreed to some help from me.  Everyone made a pumpkin to match their personality and were so happy with their results.  Their pumpkins turned out so cute!  Kevin surprised them with bat Squishmallows for Halloween.


4. Shopping Buddy
Leo is the best side kick as long as I keep the snacks flowing :)  I started doing some Christmas shopping because I find it much more enjoyable to collect things over a few months versus shopping with crazy crowds in December.  No thank you!

5. Crumbl Cookies
I've mentioned before that Kevin loves Crumbl Cookies and he's made us all fans!  They're gigantic cookies and you really can only get a few bites of them before you're full, but it's so fun to try all the different flavor combos.  This was a really yummy box!  Join their rewards program if you like Crumbl because the rewards add up fast.

6. Market Day
Olive had her monthly market day at school.  The kids are asked to make things to sell to their peers and they spend their class money on them.  Olive asked me to help her make "squish dough" (homemade playdoh) and they turned out so cute - just like she envisioned!  She was inspired by our Crumbl Cookies and we made play-doh cookies.  Don't they look delicious!?  Then she spent a ton of time making clay bead bracelets to sell.  It's so neat to see her learning about pricing, selling, advertising and running her shop.  5th grade has been good to her!


7. Festive Food
I made some yummy things this week for the kids.  I went with easy holiday foods and they were thrilled.  We did a muffin pan meal and candy corn.  I make microwave popcorn and sprinkle some of their favorite candies on top.  They love it!  We look forward to watching a show or part of a movie together in the evenings with a big bowl of candy corn.


8. Halloween movies
We watched all the cute Halloween movies.  And Leo requested foot rubs.  We don't do anything scary so it's all fun and festive movies here.

9. Class parties
Olive's class party was this week and Kevin got to attend.  They did all kinds of fun games and painted pumpkins.  She was silly and sweet and excited for Kevin to be there with her friends.  Kevin loved being there with her and his favorite part was hearing all the wonderful things her teacher had to say about Olive.


10. Bros
Leo has been really into trains lately and I love when Fletcher builds tracks for him.  He surprised Leo with Leo train tracks and now he thinks they should always spell out Leo.

11. Teacher Gifts
You know I love giving our teachers gifts and notes of encouragement.  Here are our November gifts: $10 fuzzy blankets from Walmart with a heartfelt thank you note.  They loved the gifts!  I let the kids pick out the Fall pattern that their teachers would like best.

12. Hard Work
Is there anything better than seeing your kids work so hard in school and see their efforts pay off with "turtley awesome" A+ papers coming home from school!?!

13. Holiday shirts
Old Navy always has cute holiday tees for the kids.  They're super affordable and I loved finding ghost shirts in the boys and girls sections for the kids to wear this week.

14. Fall is my Favorite
The leaves are all looking so pretty and it made my day to see this rainbow peeking through the clouds in our backyard.

15. Farm 57
Coffee dates are my favorite!  We have this cute local shop that sells coffee, treats and gifts.  They also host a food truck night once a week during the warm weather months.  We learned this week that they have a Farm 57 cat - Mama Kitty.  She greets everyone and is so friendly.  She also tries to come in with visitors.  Leo was thrilled and so was I.  She was so sweet.  We had yummy breads for breakfast, visited with our friends and then played on their playground that is right in line with the airport.  The planes fly over so low and Leo loved that!



Linking up with Momfessionals for Friday Favorites

Hope you have a great weekend!  I'll see you back here on Monday!


3 comments:

  1. I love making popcorn and throwing in m&ms - the best combo of salty and sweet. I've never heard it called candy corn before - but that's an awesome name for it. Never had crumbl cookies before but they look delish. From the pics it looks like you all had a great Halloween! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Olive's bracelets and would totally buy one! She is very talented and her classmates are lucky to be able to purchase her crafts! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a great Halloween. I love the costumes, especially your little t-rex.
    Oh wow! Those cookies look so good!
    The market day at school sounds like such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.