Monday, August 14, 2023

3 Delicious Ways to Eat Okra

We have a new favorite vegetable at our house: OKRA!

 

It grows so well in our garden and I have figured out several delicious ways to prepare it.  Okra is really easy and really yummy.  I promise.  My whole family gobbles it up.  And it might just be the cutest vegetable I've ever seen!

Here are three ways we enjoy eating okra:

1 // Fried Okra

Wash. Cut into bit size pieces.

Flour, salt, pepper and your favorite seasonings.

Scramble 2 eggs in a separate bowl.  This was Fletcher helping me make fried okra last year.  It's a fun recipe for kids to help with :)

Heat your favorite oil.  Soak your okra bites in the eggs.  Then coat them in your flour mixture.  Add to hot oil and let brown on each side.

Side 1 cooking.

Flip and cook side two.

Let them cool on a paper towel, add a little more salt and serve.  We love it with grilled chicken, rotisserie chicken, steak or bbq chicken pizza.

2 // Sauteed Okra

You just need 4 ingredients.  Okra slices, bacon grease and your favorite seasoning and a splash of water.  Heat the skillet with bacon grease in it.  Add in the okra slices.  Let brown.  Add in a splash of water, cover with a lid and let brown.  Cook until tender.  This is our favorite way to enjoy okra!

3 // Loaded Vegetable Soup

I like to slice and freeze okra any time we have a surplus.  That way I'll have some okra to use in soups during the Fall and Winter.  I posted this recipe for Loaded Vegetable Soup last year.  It was another delicious way to enjoy okra.


Do you like okra??

You've got to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.