Friday, August 4, 2023

Summer Favorites

Happy Friday!  I hope you've had a nice week.  We soaked up all the last bits of Summer fun together.  We have had a great Summer with the perfect mix of travel and sweet times at home.  I'm always a little sad to say goodbye to Summer.  But the kids have amazing teachers this year and we're excited for a new school year.  

I tried to say YES as much as possible this week and now I need a nap.  Now here are our end of Summer favorite moments:

1 // Sunsets

I can't quit taking sunset pictures and I'm not mad about it.  Indiana sunsets have been showing off this Summer.

2 // Pool Party

The kids and I got to celebrate and swim with one of the favorite friends!


3 // Purple Friday

We popped onto campus to visit Kevin and check up on a cool construction project for his clinic.  It was neat to see the place coming together after hearing about it for months and months.  It's set to be finished next month.

4 // Kitty Transporter

The cats don't really need to be carried, but Leo insists on doing it.

5 // Zoo Day

We had a cool day in the 80s!! this week so we headed to the zoo.  We had a blast seeing all of our favorite animals. 



6 // It's a girl!

Olive and I went to a baby shower this week and we brought cookies for dessert.  They turned out cute!

7 // My sidekick

Leo is always right by my side.  I'm cooking and he's hanging out like this.  Silly boy.

8 // Boy room

We're still working out the kinks of everyone staying in their own beds at night.  I checked on everyone before I went to bed to find this scene: Cute boys snuggling.

9 // Rainbows inside

I love finding rainbow reflections in the house.

10 // Cousin Crew

The kids got to play with their cousins a ton this week!  They had a blast together.  My parents hosted all the kids several times this week which was really nice of them.  My kids kept telling me to drop them off and leave them there for the whole day :)



11 // Errands and Prep

I think we are ready with all of our back to school gear and supplies.  We've met the teachers, visited the classrooms and run all of the back to school errands.  Now I just need to label the lunch box things.  Fletcher wanted a ride and Leo was annoyed.  He's not used to sharing a cart with anyone.  Baby problems...


12 // Hat Thief

Leo loves to steal hats.  It's his favorite.  We laugh because the adult size hats are close to fitting him.

13 // Magnet Fishing

Fletcher loves to go magnet fishing (throwing a really strong magnet on a rope into a lake to find treasure) and he was actually able to rescue my sister's fishing pole after she dropped it in the lake.  He was SO PROUD to accomplish this mission.  No one really thought he'd find it, but he was determined.  He got a thank you note and a reward and I think it's something he'll remember forever.

14 // Mugshot

Penny loves to escape out to our patio.  She loves the sunshine and sniffing the fresh air.  Olive said she needed a mugshot for her Houdini escape tricks.

15 // 3 Musketeers

These 3 are going to miss each other when the big kids head back to school next week.  I'm thankful we can be home together in the Summers and we'll really enjoy our afternoons/evenings/weekends together once school starts.

16 // Art Camp

The kids went to their very favorite art camp at University of Evansville again this Summer.  They love going to work with Kevin since the art building is near his office.  They made some really beautiful art that I can't wait to hang in our house.  They learned some new techniques and are growing more confident in their artistic skills.  I love seeing their art on display and the tie dyed shirts they made turned out so so cute.  Art camp is always a highlight of their summer.









I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  We have a busy one planned - date night, several birthday parties, church, haircuts and some last minute back to school details to work out.  See you back here on Monday!

Linking up with Momfessionals

3 comments:

  1. So many fabulous favorites! That art camp sounds fun, those cookies look delicious, and those sunsets are just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The art camp sounds like an incredible program! Have a good (busy) weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of summer favourites! I am counting down the days until winter is over for us and we can say hello to the warmer weather. I love how your kids got to spend so much time with their cousins this week. They look like they had the best time!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.