Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Labor Day Weekending

We had a nice Labor Day weekend wrapping up Summer and saying hello to Fall.  We tried to be outdoors as much as possible.  We stuck close to home enjoying a couple extra days off together.  What did you do for Labor Day?

HIKING

We went hiking 3 times last week.  I took the kids twice and then the whole family got to go on Saturday.  We are lucky to have tons of parks all around us.  The kids love exploring new trails and going on adventures.  It was fun for them to discover new things and for them to show them to Kevin.  I wore Leo since the trails aren't stroller friendly.  He's such a good baby and napped on the go in the Ergo while the big kids explored.  I think we'll have lots more hiking adventures as the weather cools down this Fall.







KENTUCKY DERBY

We watched the Kentucky Derby with our neighbors on their outdoor big screen while the kids played.  They served Mint Juleps.  I made a Derby Pie to celebrate.


SWIMMING

We swam.  Actually, the big kids and Kevin swam.  The water was much too cold for me and Leo.  I can't believe how much all the kids have grown this Summer.  Olive and Fletcher are so brave.  Their swimming skills have improved a ton, they love the water and they've all gotten taller.

We watched them go off the diving board and slide too many times to count.






LATE NIGHTS

Leo is still struggling with bed time.  Well maybe I'm the one struggling.  I'm used to staying up late, but I'm also used to get tons done.  He's up late and ready to party, needing attention or wanting to play the night away.  I'm eager for him to get back to being a great sleeper again.

3 comments:

  1. Even here in Tx, our pool water is cooling off. The hiking looks so fun! I had never heard of a Derby pie. Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so fun, Whitney! I NEED to make a derby pie! Yours always look incredible.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.