Friday, September 14, 2018

Crazy Town Week

I'm ready to get this busy week behind us!  Bring on the weekend.  This week felt crazy trying to keep up with all the appointments and all the fun learning things we normally do.

2 trips to the dentist for the kids
2 new appliance deliveries
2 full days of workers at our house for our heating/air conditioning (read NO AC!) :(
2 small group meetings
1 trip to the park and story time and science class
1 errand to Hobby Lobby
3 big boxes dropped off at Goodwill
3 trips to the grocery store
15 new library books
8 loads of laundry
2 walks
4 days of swimming lessons for Olive
2 Health screenings

The best parts of our week were:

1. I love a good stroll through Hobby Lobby.
I spotted this rainbow of bottle brush trees and loved them all.  I had to think about what colors I wanted and go back to pick them out.  I settled on some fun groupings for the kid's bedrooms.  I put them away to surprise the kids with in December.  They're 40% off right now and seem to be flying off the shelves.

These are the combos that I settled on even though I was tempted to buy more.  Olive got the pink and white assortment.  The little ones in the middle are for the playroom.  Then the red and green ones for Fletcher's room.  I love them!!

2. I haven't been in the mood to try new recipes as much over the summer.  That seems to be changing with the seasons as we head into Fall.  I have a long list of recipes pinned for apple and pumpkin recipes.  We tried a new apple recipe this week called Loaded Apple Bread from Southern Plate.  I changed the recipe up a bit.  It was fun to make with the kids and the result was pretty tasty.  I will note that it was best fresh out of the oven.  It got too gooey over night.

I sliced and peeled the apples.  Then I gave the kids butter knives to chop the apple slices.  They were in heaven snacking on apples (that they picked!!) and helping me chop.

The house smelled delicious!

3. We got a TON of rain last weekend.  We ended up cooped up inside for a couple days.  These two got along pretty well.  It is fun to see them playing with new toys together.  They'd ignored this train for months and then spent the entire weekend playing with it.  Do your kids ever do that??

4. Notre Dame won.... barely.
We had fun cheering for our favorite team on Saturday.  Glad we were able to win despite us not playing our best.

The kids looked SO CUTE in their game day gear.  It's so sweet to see your kids cheering for your favorite team.  Olive keeps asking to go to a game and I can't wait to take her some day.

5. Monkey Bread.
My husband would eat the stuff every single day.  It's his favorite treat.  It's not mine, but I try to make it for him regularly.  I tried a new recipe for Granny's Monkey Bread from Self Proclaimed Foodie and it was delicious!!  I followed her recipe exactly.  I think it's our new favorite.

6. Moon Man
Fletcher's science class was moon themed this week.  He loved it!!



7. New appliances
We've been living with appliances that came with the house for a couple of years.  We were thankful that they worked well for us, but were eager to replace them.  Loving the new appliances!! 


8. Pumpkins & Mums!
Fletcher's favorite bakery ladies were excited to give him a pumpkin cookie this week and he always stops to smell the mums when we are out and about.  I can't decide which colors we will buy this year.  Hoping to go mum shopping sometime today.  


In case you missed it on Polka-Dotty Place:

Monday: How We Love, Welcome Serve
Tuesday: But I Don't Want to Mess Up My Hair
Wednesday: Pulled Pork Nachos

Hope you have a great weekend!!

We are looking forward to watching some football and enjoying a visit from my parents.

Linking up with My Glittery Heart

9 comments:

  1. What a busy week!
    I love my double oven. Mine looks just like your new one except my is white!
    That money bread looks yummy!
    Hope you have a relaxing weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a week!!! I am in LOVE with your new appliances!! Especially that double oven!!!!
    Marshall has that striped shirt Fletcher is wearing in the shopping cart picture! :)
    Hope you have such a fun weekend with your parents friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy week but look at what you have accomplished..Beautiful appliances. Looks like our little cooks are doing well..Such abusy and happy looking family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for new kitchen appliances!! You will appreciate them even more now that you've been living with older ones for a while! That fridge is beautiful. :) I'm so sorry your AC was out this week - that is the worst!! Hopefully it wasn't too expensive of a fix (if that's ever possible with AC units...).

    Love those bottle brush trees. You're smart to grab them while you can! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very busy week! I love the bottle brush groupings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful new appliances! I'm going to try that apple bread...looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that a double oven?!?! That's the one thing I wanted in our new home that we didn't get. I'll survive no doubt but man, that would make life easier from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new appliances! I really want a new fridge... some day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kids are adorable! Visiting you for the first time from Sarah Fraser's link up. laurensparks.net

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.