Friday, September 21, 2018

3 Things

Happy Friday!  Hope you've had a nice week.  It's been a busy, HOT week here.  We had to change up Olive's school picture day outfit from Fall to Summer because it was 95 degrees yesterday.  Maybe the first day of Fall will bring some cooler temps our way...

I thought I'd update you with 3 things for everyone today.  Let's call them current events :)


Whitney:
1. All of our house projects are wrapping up today (fingers crossed).
We had to have a plumber come out to fix and move some things.  His first appointment required a follow up to finish the project.  Got our 2nd new fridge delivered this week because our 1st new fridge was making a funny noise.  And our heating/ac crew finishing up on Monday.  Hoping to get to sit back and enjoy the updates next week.

2. Prepping for the holidays.
I ordered the kid's Halloween costumes this week when a friend alerted me to a 40% off costume sale.  Halloween, Christmas and Valentine pjs were ordered during a big Carter's sale.  I botched Fletcher's fall pants order.  Think he'd mind wearing his joggers all the way up to his arm pits this season??  I am debating returning/exchanging them vs just saving them for next fall and ordering the correct size now.  I also completely forget to use my Old Navy Cash.  Darn it!  I was going to scoop up a jean jacket for myself.  Instead I logged on to shop the DAY AFTER my Cash expired. #bummer

3. Decluttering.
You know I've been talking about decluttering my house and my life for months.  I'm feeling so good about my progress.  My house feels so good now that our cabinets, closets and rooms have breathing room.  No more stuffing closets full of stuff we don't really want.  I've made countless trips to Goodwill, filled tons of trash bags and it feels awesome.  I made it through all of my boxes of teaching supplies, our closets are looking better and I'm really motivated to keep going.  I crossed our playroom off the declutter list this week.  I need to focus on selling things we no longer want.  That takes time to take pictures, post and then correspond with buyers.  Maybe next week I'll get started on that.

Kevin:
1. Vineyard Vines.
Kevin is obsessed with their shirts.  He says they're the softest, nicest shirts ever.  He'd been admiring them for a while.  I surprised him with some for his birthday back in July.  Now he'd like to swap out all of his shirts for VV.  They seem to run sales regularly.  Keep them in mind for any hard to buy for guy in your life.  Vineyard Vines

2. Golfing.
Kevin's been playing in our club's Men's League this Spring/Summer and it's been fun.  He hasn't played golf this regularly since his golf team days in high school.  It's sweet to see him playing a sport he loves so much.  It doesn't hurt that he looks handsome in his golf gear :)  Anyways, his team made it to the playoffs and he played his best round of golf all season!  He was thrilled.  Finals are next week.

3. Fall Baking.
He has a long list of thing he's wanting me to bake - apple pie, cinnamon rolls, apple crisp, brownies, monster cookies and learn how to make caramel corn.

Olive:
1. Olive LOVES kindergarten.
I figured she'd enjoy school, but I had no idea how much.  She can't wait to go (via the bus) every day.  She comes home with a ton of new things she's learned every day.  She just finished up swimming lessons with her class.  I was nervous about this because they bus the kids to the pool, put them in small groups and swim.  The kids have to change themselves in and out of swim gear.  It all went better than I could have imagined.  Olive loves show and tell, all her special classes for art, music, etc. and is working hard to make friends.  She reports on all the happenings in her classroom - who isn't doing their homework, who's being a bully, who's being sweet and who has really great art skills.  It's pretty entertaining.

2. She's dying to read.
Kindergarten is serious business.  They have a list of sight words, phonics practice, color words and vocabulary every week.  She can't wait to sit down and be able to read a book on her own.  I am really amazing at how much she has learned in about 6 weeks of school.  It's fun to see her starting to notice the print around her.  She'll point out words she knows when I'm reading to her.

3. President of the horse fan club.
Olive is mesmerized by horses.  She plays with them all day long and is so interested in them.  Unicorns are lumped into that same category.  She could read, eat, sleep these creatures all day long.

Fletcher:
1. He is talking a ton.
Not just new words - he's moved onto new phrases and sentences.  His favorite things to say is "I've never tried this before" or "I've never done this before" along with things like "I love you whole munches" or "Mama you be my BBF?"  He'll also say "I like use shoes or I like use hair" instead of your.  He's also singing... baby shark, songs from Bible School and his own rendition of The Star Spangled Banner.

2. He's a foodie.  Loves all food.  All the time.
Grilled cheese is his fave.  Cheeseburgers are a close second.  "PPJ" otherwise known as a PBJ, pizza, cucumbers, fruit pouches, ice cream, popsicles, all salty snacks/chips, peeled peaches or apples, string cheese, cookies, candy, etc.  I can't even wrap my head around feeding a teenage Fletcher with the amount of food he's consuming now.

3. Fletcher loves learning.
He gets so into his science classes, story time, board books and shows.  He has memorized many board books and walks around reciting them.  Construction books or anything with cars or emergency vehicles are his current favorites.

Have a great weekend!!

We are looking forward to watching some football, farmer's market and family dedication day at church.


Linking up with My Glittery Heart

6 comments:

  1. LOVE this post Whitney!!! Sorry about the trouble with your new fridge!!! 😬
    I need to check out the VV shirts for Aaron!!
    And yes- kindergarten is NO joke.
    Between Celine’s, Cora’s and Charlotte’s homework they have to do every afternoon- I feel like I have run a marathon by the time
    It’s all finished!
    Ha! Hope you have a great weekend friend!!☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Fletcher is your hubby's perfect taste tester :). I am so glad all your home projects are wrapping up and you won't believe all Olive will learn this year. They are such sponges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish Connor was a foodie!! And about Kindergarten... girlfriend, this stuff is the real deal school wise. We have the same work in the evenings and Connor struggles with wanting to do it all some days so I've been coming up with fun ways to learn his sight words and such without it feeling like learning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post today..Thanks for the updates o;everything, kids, house, Kevin and of course yourself..Love reading your blog..Keeps me well informed about those I love and care about...

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're still wanting to buy a jean jacket from Old Navy they're only $15 today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These posts are so fun! We have our Halloween costumes too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.