Monday, October 9, 2017

Pumpkin Traditions

Hope you had a great weekend!  We had a nice, low key weekend at home.  We got some things done around the house, enjoyed the weather and went pumpkin hunting.  We had a great time and the kids are really proud of the assortment we came home with this year.

What are your family pumpkin traditions??

We buy pumpkins every year - big and little to decorate our house.

We bake all kinds of pumpkin goodies to share.

We eat pumpkin candies.

We go to a local spot to get pumpkins.

We drinks PSLs.

The kids carry the traditional plastic pumpkins when we go trick-or-treating.


Kevin was off for Fall Break on Friday so we went to pick out our pumpkins.  We have a favorite nursery to go to that our is owned by some of our friends.  It's our 3rd year to go here for pumpkins and I love love love living in a place long enough to be establishing family traditions like this one.  It's such a nice place to stroll through and they have TONS of pumpkins to see.  We let the kids pick their pumpkins and it was fun to watch them decide on the best one.







Their Fall flowers were GORGEOUS so we had to come home with a couple to plant.  I'm still sticking with planting perennials this year so it was fun to add a couple more flowers to our flower garden.  There were also tons of butterflies out since it's still so warm in the Midwest.  It was almost like we were at a Butterfly Garden to get our pumpkins.

Does anyone know the name of these amazing magenta flowers??  I want some!!

Fletcher was getting a bit hangry at this point :)  Look at our Pumpkin haul!

I have never seen a rainbow of mums like they had on display!  It was stunning.  We had so much fun naming all the colors we could see and looking at all of the Fall flowers.


Pumpkin Flashback:
Pumpkin Picking 2016 - the kids look so little and bald hahaha

Pumpkin Picking 2015 - 2 year old Olive :)

And this place will always hold a special place in my heart because
we took pictures for Fletcher's baby announcement here.

Acorns > Pumpkins - pumpkin patch in MS 2014

Olive's 1st Pumpkin Patch in AR 2013


Have you bought your real pumpkins yet??

5 comments:

  1. I love mums - oh my goodness. The displays of them all you photographed make me happy! We love fall and everything the goes with it :) xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped at a small Farmer's Market the other day and picked out some small pumpkins and gourds to decorate with. But I still haven't made it to the pumpkin patch yet. We'll probably be doing that next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your yearly pumpkin patch photos! It's amazing to see how much Olive has changed each year - and how much hair Fletcher has now. Ha! :) I am hoping to get a few pumpkins to put by my mailbox. I have a mum and a festive garden flag out there with a few ceramic pumpkins from Hobby Lobby. I'll probably pick my pumpkin up at Aldi - not quite as picturesque as your darling nursery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! We love pumpkins! We just wen to a pumpkin patch this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just told James I needed to get real pumpkins for the steps outside our home. I am going to go on a field trip next week with Connor's class so I'm going to snag them then!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.