Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Grilled Chicken Salad

I'm lucky to have a hubby that is a fan of salads.
He'll eat any side salads with dinner and will eat a salad for the main course if it contains meat.
No problem!
Here's one of our favorite summer dinners:
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD

This is how I prepare BIG salads for TWO :)
 Mixed Greens:
(I like to use oversized bowls so we can mix and not worry about spilling out)

Veggies - washed and ready to chop 
carrots, sweet peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower and eggs.
 Chop one set and then the other.
 Sprinkle on top of lettuce.
 Top with your favorite shredded cheese
 Thinly slice boneless, skinless chicken breasts, season & cook on your stove top.
 Let cool before adding it to your salad.

 Our current favorite dressings.
 I served it with cornbread casserole and sliced peaches.
I normally make enough for 3 or 4 salads so we can have it again for lunches during the week.  I chop the veggies fresh each time but have the chicken already prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.