Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pregnancy Weeks 19-22

Adding to my pregnancy timeline....

Week 19: January 7, 2013
I still have a lingering head cold
My third graders put themselves on "Bump Watch" and update me daily on how much my belly is growing.  They ask things like, "Where's the baby's head right now?" and talk to my belly.  One little girl came up to my belly and said, "Your mom makes the best chocolate chip cookies; you are so lucky!!"
Major heartburn - not sure if it's due to lots of hair on the baby or the fact that Alabama whipped Notre Dame in the national title game.
I was waiting to pick Kevin up at the airport and I felt the baby move for the first time!  Looks like I wasn't the only one who was excited to see him after a long work trip.
Baby got his/her first item in the mail.

Week 20: January 14
Still have a cold
My cravings are in full swing: cereal by the boxful, candy, sweets and jello
I'm hungry all the time.
I've bopped my bump on things lately which means baby is growing.

Week 21: January 21
We had a scheduling conflict last week so we are having our big gender reveal this week!!
It's a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We couldn't be happier.  Reality is still sinking in.
Had a follow up with the doctor.  She said baby girl is petite but right on track for June.
Kevin felt baby girl move on 1.25.13 for the first time!
She's starting to move a lot at night.
Cravings: breakfast foods, fruit & cereal.
Baby bedding arrived this week and I LOVE it!!
Did a sweep through my closet to eliminate the items I've recently outgrown for winter.  I'm thinking I'll probably be doing this each week so that I don't have to stare at the items that clearly won't fit.  Still have lots of non-maternity things that I can wear - mostly tops.
Attended our first NBA game.

Week 22: January 28
I wake up with swollen fingers but they are back to normal by the end of the day.
My arms are tingly off and on throughout the day.
My belly is growing and people are noticing.
Baby girl is moving around more and more at all times of the day.
Hello heartburn, I hope you translate into baby hair.

1 comment:

  1. You have the cutest bump! Sorry about the heartburn. (I ate Tums by the fistful.) ;) I hope you are enjoying all the new experiences!!

    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.